NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    That would require someone getting within shooting distance of the building. They can just shut down the whole block by turning a few valves and flipping a switch from a distance
    This is true, but the entertainment value of the flamethrower is much higher.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Over here:
    At 6:00 PM, they will have to pull the main crew off the roads so they don’t exceed the maximum 12 hours as required by US Department of Transportation rules. The main crew will be spending the night in the 10 staging locations throughout the county getting some sleep and, if necessary, responding to emergency situations. A partial crew will be deployed at 6:00 PM and will only be focusing on keeping main roads and thoroughfares passable overnight.

At this time, they are planning on deploying the main crew again at 4:00 AM tomorrow. Further details will come later tonight when they have a better handle on what we will be facing overnight.

The Travel Watch for unincorporated Porter County remains in effect. A Travel Watch means that road conditions are threatening to the safety of the public. Only essential travel, such as to and from work or in emergency situations, is recommended.

Next update around 10:00 PM

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

Jail must be a really bad experience given the desperate lengths that some felons will go to in order to avoid going back or just delay the inevitable. Another example was that truck driver who tried to run from the State Police in a 18-wheeler on I-65 a few weeks ago. Who actually thinks they can get away with that?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    On another note, my neighbor is plowing for a 3rd time. The boredom over there must be off the charts.

Screenshot_20220202-180505_Facebook.jpg

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Had a foot of snow here. I cleared my drive, enough of the neighbor's drive so she could park in it and around the fire hydrant on our block. Really glad for the snow blower today. The neighbor's "guy" showed up to finish her drive right after I got enough clean for her to get off the street. Wish he'd been 20 minutes earlier.

jedi! come and get your snow! I don't want it.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Too damn windy out there to worry about plowing again til later. T will easily make it to the garage when she gets home and I’ll go look again after dinner. Wind out of the north really drifts here, the cattle farm across the street doesn’t do much for blocking north winds

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Package delivery update:

Both small packages via USPS got here.

UPS had the package out for delivery, but now have a severe weather delay. Supposed to be here tomorrow.

Nothing in any of them really important or time sensitive. I'm surprised the postal service delivered and UPS didn't.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    My poor mail gal said she had to practically get out at every mailbox because it wasn't plowed close enough...that is except mine and the neighbor's, but I met her at the end if the drive since I was snowblowing. She was probably relieved since there was a big box for the wife aboard.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Package delivery update:

Both small packages via USPS got here.

UPS had the package out for delivery, but now have a severe weather delay. Supposed to be here tomorrow.

Nothing in any of them really important or time sensitive. I'm surprised the postal service delivered and UPS didn't.
    My UPS was delayed till tomorrow as well. Must of seen 3 or 4 big brown trucks drive on by the house in the 4 hours I was home before getting the notice it was delayed

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom