NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    My wife wants the exterior of the house painted this summer. Not looking forward to that. I do have a commercial airless sprayer that will pump straight from a 5 gallon bucket. But not sure how to get to the 3rd floor or the gutters on the back of the house. Scaffolding may be the only solution?
    You figure it out let me know, our house could use paint too. Bucket truck sounds like an awesome idea but probably not financially reasonable.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Selling a nice Schwinn women's bike if anyone is interested. Extra-small frame, so best for short girls.

Paging Jedi

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My wife wants the exterior of the house painted this summer. Not looking forward to that. I do have a commercial airless sprayer that will pump straight from a 5 gallon bucket. But not sure how to get to the 3rd floor or the gutters on the back of the house. Scaffolding may be the only solution?

HIRE someone.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Painting from a ladder, or even worse scaffolding, is a pain.

Look into renting an articulating boom lift like a JLG or Genie for a day or two. You get it dropped off and picked up, and the delivery person will show you how to run it.

They really are pretty easy to run and by far the safest option for working aloft.

Here's a place in Bourbonnais...Alexander Equipment

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That sounds like a job for a professional.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That sounds like a job for a professional.
    18a7aa3074fec37583b272f8c092a057.jpg

Yups cause melensdad could never be this kool.;)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Look into renting an articulating boom lift like a JLG or Genie for a day or two. You get it dropped off and picked up, and the delivery person will show you how to run it.

They really are pretty easy to run and by far the safest option for working aloft.
    My house is on a ridgeline. Right on the edge. There is no way to get a vehicle, Genie, etc around the back side safely. I have a tractor with 3000# of weight in the rear wheels and its a butt puckering experience to move it behind the house, easier to go down the slope about a hundred yards from the house, come back up from the low ground through a wooded path, but based on my past use of lifts, there is no way to navigate a Genie type lift back up to the house through the woods. At least none that I would attempt.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Pretty sure that is my only real answer.
    Endecca Painting in Hobart painted the exterior of my house last spring. Their estimate was the best of three that I got, they did a very neat job and were in and out in two days. I was at work both days they were here and never saw them. Sure, it cost some $$$ but no way I'm capable of doing that huge job.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    My house is on a ridgeline. Right on the edge. There is no way to get a vehicle, Genie, etc around the back side safely. I have a tractor with 3000# of weight in the rear wheels and its a butt puckering experience to move it behind the house, easier to go down the slope about a hundred yards from the house, come back up from the low ground through a wooded path, but based on my past use of lifts, there is no way to navigate a Genie type lift back up to the house through the woods. At least none that I would attempt.
    A jet pack and hundreds of gallons of H2O2

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone see any .41 mag, let me know.
    I have a coworker looking for some.
    He's not a new shooter.
    But he didn't stockpile.
    And I haven't seen any in awhile.

Salesmen don't think there's gonna be any in the near future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom