NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    "The body was discovered by a volunteer who was using a kayak on the river about 300 feet from where the boy was initially reported missing, the police department's Facebook post stated."

How does it take over a week to find him when he is 300 feet from where he came up missing?
    Dead bodies do not immediately float. It can take between 12 hours to 12 days BEFORE a body will float.

When a person drowns, the body is filled with water which causes one to sink. As the bacteria eat the body away they produce gases inside the corpse. That gas not having a natural way to escape (burp, farts) will continue to build up inside the corpse, bloating it and causing enough of a buoyancy to make the corpse float.

If enough time passes with no way for the gases to escape the corpse will "explode" as the gas forces it's way out of the rotten weaken flesh that it was enclosed in.

Sadly this family will not get to see the body nor have an open casket for a funeral. The body will be in such a horrible state that no parents should have to see that as the last image of their child. :(

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I will be listing some guns in the classifieds tomorrow. Here is a list if any of you NWI folk want to converse with me before I get them listed:

Ruger EC9S - I have multiple magazines for this, a hogue grip sleeve and a couple of IWB holsters
    Ruger 10/22 target, model 01121 -bull barrel, has had an adjustable cheek riser added, comes with 1 mag
    Browning BPS 12 gauge field, 1989 manufacture date

All of these are in great working order.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I know, but it's not like it went further and then came back. It's just a shame, no matter what.
    The river does have a current to it. Sometimes it's slow and others times it's not (but not fast). jedi has kayake on it before and it's a beginners river slow and steady most of the time.

Animals both sea and air could have been poking at the body causing it to move from where it first entered the river. There is lots of tall water plants in this area as well great for hiding and for large birds to make nest in.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The river does have a current to it. Sometimes it's slow and others times it's not (but not fast). jedi has kayake on it before and it's a beginners river slow and steady most of the time.

Animals both sea and air could have been poking at the body causing it to move from where it first entered the river. There is lots of tall water plants in this area as well great for hiding and for large birds to make nest in.
    Not going to belabor this beyond this post, but if he entered the river of his own accord, it seems that he would have remained somewhere between where he entered and where he was found. Not beyond that 300 ft and then washed back the other way.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not going to belabor this beyond this post, but if he entered the river of his own accord, it seems that he would have remained somewhere between where he entered and where he was found. Not beyond that 300 ft and then washed back the other way.
    Wait?? Are you thinking that foul play was involved?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I walk in the shanty at 7:05 today. Dbag2, who called off on me Monday and came in late yesterday so he could get his beauty sleep says to me "It's about time"

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I will be listing some guns in the classifieds tomorrow. Here is a list if any of you NWI folk want to converse with me before I get them listed:

Ruger EC9S - I have multiple magazines for this, a hogue grip sleeve and a couple of IWB holsters
    Ruger 10/22 target, model 01121 -bull barrel, has had an adjustable cheek riser added, comes with 1 mag

DMed.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    No prayers sent as that does nothing.

Would've been nice to have the boy returned safely but that's just life, ain't no prayer gunna do anything now
    I am not a believer, but if belief and prayer help others get through situations like this I try to respect that. Let them have the comfort it brings them whether I get the same comfort or not.

Those left behind each have to find the way to cope that helps them. I hope I do not out live my children or grand children because I never want to need to cope with that kind of loss. No one can know how bad it is who hasn't experienced it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom