NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    "Thank you for purchasing this upgrade.

When the payment has been approved, your account will be upgraded."

Guess I'll flash my Site Supporter badge for another year.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Thought I'd be a nice guy and broom off the snow on the sidewalk for the UPS guy...nope, that, my friends, is solid ice.20210205_054725.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Passed my drug test and physical yesterday and got all info needed to show journeyman status and that I still have health insurance to the new railroad. Now the waiting game to see when I get a call to start.

Gotta shovel the drive this morning and make a trip to lowes to finish the crawlspace either later today or tomorrow before Super Bowl Sunday.
    What's wrong with the crawlspace

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I scraped off a path of slush two shovels wide from the driveway last night for the delivery peeps before it froze. I hope it's still pretty clear today.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    That's what was on my car. Nothing brushed off. All had to be scraped.
    Thankfully i have remote start. Had to let the car run for about 15 minutes just to be able to open the door this morning. Solid week of this cold now.:crying:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    What's wrong with the crawlspace
    The old vapor barrier had large gaps, seams werent taped together or to the block around the perimeter. Cant afford to do a full encapsulation right now so if I can put new barrier down and get that taped properly and round the center cinder supports and keep the dehumidifier going should be better off.

The flippers who did our house encapsulated it half assed and there was some mold on the floor joists before we moved in. They paid for a company to clean it and it came with a 20yr warranty. They threw all the insulation that was around the walls into the metal shed we had outside as a parting gift lol.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    People really need to stay home if they can't navigate our roads successfully in this slight increase of conditions...

I probably passed 14 cars enroute to work. Uphill, down mill, double yel, 1 car at a time, 5 cars at a time. I simply don't care.

It's usually everybody being held up by some moron in an AWD SUV. Stay home..

My favorite is when I'm passing these people flash their brights... Pfff.. OK...

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    "Ramp from I-80/94 eastbound to I-65 southbound closed due to a semi losing 3 coils. Traffic is getting by in the right ramp shoulder."

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    People really need to stay home if they can't navigate our roads successfully in this slight increase of conditions...

I probably passed 14 cars enroute to work. Uphill, down mill, double yel, 1 car at a time, 5 cars at a time. I simply don't care.

It's usually everybody being held up by some moron in an AWD SUV. Stay home..

My favorite is when I'm passing these people flash their brights... Pfff.. OK...
    People need to stay home if they don't realize that the current conditions require an adjustment to their driving. People also need to understand that all vehicles are not as capable in adverse conditions, not everyone has the reflexes of a fighter pilot, and that other drivers are not morons for driving at speeds they feel safe at. Most safe driving courses advise a speed reduction of 30% for rain and 50% for snow.

It's a good idea to factor in the fact that many drivers will be driving slower in adverse conditions and rather than passing in no passing zones. Allow more time to get where you are going. You should never drive pissed off, no matter how good of a driver you are.

That said if you can't drive with confidence in adverse conditions you should stay home. Being able to drive with confidence includes cleaning all your windows and making sure your vehicle is in good condition, including tires appropriate for the conditions.

This rebuttal brought to you by the Society of Old Fuddy Duddys.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    He who has the mostest bestest toys wins.....

That he also has to get to work and pay for those toys to remain king...

Outta my way jerkass!

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Guy at work left three weeks ago to start at arcellor, found out today he’s going to coke. :crying:
    I’ll continue to enjoy my m-f 8-5 indoors
    Which coke plant and what job? I spent 20 years in coke plants and they are not all equally bad. I was in maintenance and IMO that's the best job if you have to be in a coke plant.

I never liked the rolling mills, preferred primary production as long as it wasn't a blast furnace.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Where do ya drive that ya have so much trouble? Guess coming to chiraqi at 4am has its rewards that there is no traffic so no issues of accidents, slow pokes,etc..

@1775usmarine.
    Ugh.. sorry for that work you are doing. Jedi is sick of dealing with crawlspace issues. This summer jedi will be back at it but for now its good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom