NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I guess I'll see how well my landscape fabric will hold up. I had 1 more flower garden to finish when the wife texted me to pick up the kid from preschool because she's stuck in Schererville. Guess the rain will pack down everything raked up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Under this tree is my driveway, several other of my trees, my antique hay mower and my antique plow.

tree1.png

tree2.png

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    At least it's not the house, or a human.

Indeed!

For scale, the tree has a diameter of 3.5 to 4 feet about 3 feet off the ground.

I drove home all peeved and expecting to spend thousands. I had to re-route 3 times to get home. When I got home, one neighbor was already there with his chainsaw, diving in. Right after I got home, the other neighbor showed up with his chainsaw, his son and his son’s father-in-law. I changed and got my chainsaw and my sons and we got to it. We got everything on the ground and cut to manageable sizes by the time we lost the light. there are a couple of hangers and the trunk needs to come down, but in about 2 hours, we got an amazing amount of work done.

Good neighbors with good chainsaws can’t be beat!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Indeed!

For scale, the tree has a diameter of 3.5 to 4 feet about 3 feet off the ground.

I drove home all peeved and expecting to spend thousands. I had to re-route 3 times to get home. When I got home, one neighbor was already there with his chainsaw, diving in. Right after I got home, the other neighbor showed up with his chainsaw, his son and his son’s father-in-law. I changed and got my chainsaw and my sons and we got to it. We got everything on the ground and cut to manageable sizes by the time we lost the light. there are a couple of hangers and the trunk needs to come down, but in about 2 hours, we got an amazing amount of work done.

Buy them some beer.
    But make sure they're done with the chainsaws first.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Nothing like coming home to good neighbor deeds. I came home exhausted once after a big snow storm only to see my property completely cleared. I was so happy and relieved. I'm always trying to pay it forward.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Errie drive to chiraqi today.
    Entire sections of the highway have no lights, no power to the billboards, no lights on the side streets next to highway.

Traffic was light like usual. Unlike the last riots where they had barracks on the exit ramps this time they have 2 to 3 state salt trucks plus 1 to 2 state troopers card at each of the exit ramps from an exit before Chinatown to not sure how far north.

Downtown itself there was more looting again last night. The streets are quiet now and just 1 or 2 vehicles jedi saw.
    In any case let's see how today goes.

Once the sun is up it's all ok. :)

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    They did the streets and san truck thing last time as well in the loop. Bridges up or down?

Errie drive to chiraqi today.
    Entire sections of the highway have no lights, no power to the billboards, no lights on the side streets next to highway.

Traffic was light like usual. Unlike the last riots where they had barracks on the exit ramps this time they have 2 to 3 state salt trucks plus 1 to 2 state troopers card at each of the exit ramps from an exit before Chinatown to not sure how far north.

Downtown itself there was more looting again last night. The streets are quiet now and just 1 or 2 vehicles jedi saw.
    In any case let's see how today goes.

Once the sun is up it's all ok. :)

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Genuinely heart warming :)

Indeed!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, didn't go in yesterday due to riots. Was nice having an extra day off, sadly couldn't telework as I didn't have the equipment. Thankfully we got everything in before the storm. And we've been watching shark week for like the last two weeks.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Halfway through the 15th hour and still no power in my neighborhood. And to add insult to injury the gaskets in my generator dry rotted so instead of starting it leaked gas all over my driveway. Fortunately there was not much rain so the basement remains dry. Gonna look into a standby generator like i bought for my grandmother a few years ago lol

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    If you find a good place please post it up here. I've tried a couple times to get a quote from NWI generator but no dice. We've got several big aquariums and a drop freezer (which were not gunna fill till we have back up power) so we could really use one.

Halfway through the 15th hour and still no power in my neighborhood. And to add insult to injury the gaskets in my generator dry rotted so instead of starting it leaked gas all over my driveway. Fortunately there was not much rain so the basement remains dry. Gonna look into a standby generator like i bought for my grandmother a few years ago lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom