NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    And now the city folks are looking at the South of 30 population with envy.

We are the smart ones down here.

WTF is wrong with city people? Seriously how can anyone choose to live in that city? Is that living? Or is it just dodging violence? Sure you get paid more if you work there but its hazard pay. With the gig-economy, remote work, etc there is far less need to live in that city.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oof, back at work for a rest.

Drove down to northern Kentucky (Cincinnati area) Friday evening. then slept on my son's couch. Picked up a trailer from U-Haul 8am Saturday and loaded all my son's stuff up from his apartment. Drove back to Valpo Saturday afternoon. Left Valpo Sunday morning and pulled everything up to Grand Rapids, MI and unloaded it into my Mom's basement (a condo with a full basement...who knew?). Drove home Sunday evening. 907 miles total with a lot of carrying furniture and boxes up and down stairs in between legs of the trip. My truck turned 195,000 miles on I-74 heading towards Ohio Friday evening.

...Then I had this horrible thought that he is the oldest and we have 3 more after him.

Anyhoo, my son is spending this week with us, then he'll be heading to GR to live with my sister while he finds his own place. New job starts next Monday.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Oof, back at work for a rest.

Drove down to northern Kentucky (Cincinnati area) Friday evening. then slept on my son's couch. Picked up a trailer from U-Haul 8am Saturday and loaded all my son's stuff up from his apartment. Drove back to Valpo Saturday afternoon. Left Valpo Sunday morning and pulled everything up to Grand Rapids, MI and unloaded it into my Mom's basement (a condo with a full basement...who knew?). Drove home Sunday evening. 907 miles total with a lot of carrying furniture and boxes up and down stairs in between legs of the trip. My truck turned 195,000 miles on I-74 heading towards Ohio Friday evening.

...Then I had this horrible thought that he is the oldest and we have 3 more after him.

Anyhoo, my son is spending this week with us, then he'll be heading to GR to live with my sister while he finds his own place. New job starts next Monday.
    The fun of being a parent/moving guy with a truck. Priceless.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We need to build a wall around Indiana.
    Allow any Liberal (modern), Progressive (modern liberal), Communist (Progressive, modern liberal), BLM?ANTIFA (communist, progressive, modern liberal) that wants to leave leave. Only allow Freedom loving people enterance.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wonder how soon till Chicago looks like Detroit?

Can't give a timeline, but the moment the businesses in the Mag Mile decide it's not worth it to repair and go forward, it's the beginning of the end.

As long as people are still willing to put their money in Chicago, it will not go the Detroit route. Keep in mind that in Detroit, the major industry collapsed and the supporting businesses had to close up, leading to what it is now which is a shadow of its former self.

In Chicago's case, it could be the lawlessness that leads the money leaving, rather than following it as in Detroit. When I was a kid, Detroit was the 4th largest city in the U.S. Even though it is still dominated by the auto industry, it is now 19th.

If there were political will to "take back the streets" in Chicago, the devolution is not inevitable...but certainly looks probable at this point.

This is what happens when you simultaneously castrate police and praise mobs.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Almost all of the city is already priced out for working people to buy anything. Down town is kept alive by people that live on the Northshore -- way different than Detroit which was alot more like Gary -- built on working people who made enough to buy a place etc. Chicago hasn't been that for a long, long time...

Can't give a timeline, but the moment the businesses in the Mag Mile decide it's not worth it to repair and go forward, it's the beginning of the end.

As long as people are still willing to put their money in Chicago, it will not go the Detroit route. Keep in mind that in Detroit, the major industry collapsed and the supporting businesses had to close up, leading to what it is now which is a shadow of its former self.

In Chicago's case, it could be the lawlessness that leads the money leaving, rather than following it as in Detroit. When I was a kid, Detroit was the 4th largest city in the U.S. Even though it is still dominated by the auto industry, it is now 19th.

If there were political will to "take back the streets" in Chicago, the devolution is not inevitable...but certainly looks probable at this point.

This is what happens when you simultaneously castrate police and praise mobs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What? He didn't go to work?

Yes jedi is safe. Jedi got up at 3am, got dressed and was going to drive to chiraqi when jedi told himself f... it! Sleep for another hour before you go. 30mins into that sleep jedi phone starts going off. Work calling to NOT going in cause it was a war zone once again.

Ssssswwwweeeeetttt!!

In any case ya know NONE of this would have occured had king Daley's still be around. He may have ruled with an iron fist and been corrupt as heaven and hell but there was CONTROL under that rule.

See what ya miss by removing him? Ya removed the evil king only to not realize that he opted the other evil at bay.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I’m in Chiraq right now. Didn’t leave home until about 9:30, made it down with no issues. The loop is a ghost town for the most part, police presence on almost every corner.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I’m in Chiraq right now. Didn’t leave home until about 9:30, made it down with no issues. The loop is a ghost town for the most part, police presence on almost every corner.

All those "protesters" are tuckered out and taking their naps now. They'll be back out once the sun sets

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There was no protest this morning or last night.
    It started as a coordinated large gathered on michigan ave with the intent to loot. The gathered and started to loot MI ave and the police was caught off guard.

Basically the criminals tested the system and have discovered that their is no consequence for doing illegal stuff now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom