NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Looks like I'm moving to Kouts sometime before Christmas

I drive through Kouts everyday going back and forth to work. Nice little town. The gunshop there (Gauntlet) has that small town personal touch. His inventory is pretty low currently because it's 2020, but he usually has some nice things you don't find in the bigger shops.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I used to drive through Kouts on the way to Winamac and I've noticed that place. I'll check it out when I get settled in.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It's been closed every time I've been over that way. I come past on the way home from Bailey's. Always stop at Save-a-Lot in Kouts too. It's like a different flavor of Aldi.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    One of my exes lived in Trail Creek which is basically the Griffith to Michigan City's Gary and they have them out there. Not terrible or anything but I'll probably end up going into the Valpo Meijer for my grocery needs.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    It's been closed every time I've been over that way. I come past on the way home from Bailey's. Always stop at Save-a-Lot in Kouts too. It's like a different flavor of Aldi.

Yea....he has some specific hours that he is open. His website lists the hours. Before the plague hit, he has a really nice inventory of wheel guns and classic pistols. I picked up a couple of J frames and a Colt 1911 there for a good price.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    I drive through Kouts everyday going back and forth to work. Nice little town. The gunshop there (Gauntlet) has that small town personal touch. His inventory is pretty low currently because it's 2020, but he usually has some nice things you don't find in the bigger shops.

I've got family there, it is a nice little town. Just don't speed in town, PD gets bored and will tag you in a heartbeat.

Gauntlet is a nice little shop, got my 44mag Redhawk there. I was told about it by an old friend, he said fair prices but warned he's seen the owner get offended by people trying to haggle. Don't know how true it is, the prices on the stuff I looked at seemed about right.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    I've got family there, it is a nice little town. Just don't speed in town, PD gets bored and will tag you in a heartbeat.

Gauntlet is a nice little shop, got my 44mag Redhawk there. I was told about it by an old friend, he said fair prices but warned he's seen the owner get offended by people trying to haggle. Don't know how true it is, the prices on the stuff I looked at seemed about right.

Yes...he is not a haggler....but his prices are are better that you will find most places. I had a friend that just has to haggle on everything. He would rather haggle someone down $25 than buying $50 cheaper from someone who wont haggle. I never could get my mind around that kind of thinking.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It will triple my drive time to/from work but I don't even care because I'll actually like where I live. It's out there but not so out there that I'll have to drive l forever to get anything. Valpo is less than 20 minutes away and my mortgage with insurance is slated to only be about $300 more than my rent in my crappy little Gary apartment.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Don't forget the piece of mind that comes from dodging bullets only during deer season vs. year round.

Priceless!

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    You might need some new pick up lines down there, this may work.

XMeA6Ip.jpg

Or maybe it just works in LEGOland

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I heard he walked out early one morning without his bucket of goodies and the mob ate him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom