NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Is Willow Slough still closed?

edit: the shooting range.

I want to take a couple people shooting tomorrow, gonna run more rounds than I think the neighbors will tolerate. I remember seeing Willow Slough was closed several months ago, it's not really clear on the DNR website - 1 place lists hours, another says closed until further notice.

I think I'm going to plan on just going to Jasper Pulaski unless you guys know for sure if the Slough is open for shooting.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No showy (at shoot) No goodies.

Really, we'd like to see you there.

He wont cause it's too fffaaaaarrr and cause of the "new, now old" range rules. We lost several members going due to that and while it looks like the ROs have changed, the stains of the relationship have not.

Now you sound like Jedi.

Meh.. he did not post hello kitty or pink so he cant sound like jedi!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    He wont cause it's too fffaaaaarrr and cause of the "new, now old" range rules. We lost several members going due to that and while it looks like the ROs have changed, the stains of the relationship have not.

Meh.. he did not post hello kitty or pink so he cant sound like jedi!
    Just need to mention your name for you to show up. The word snow works for me.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Roof is finally done.
    Quite a few sheets of plywood replaced, and a lot of work done on one corner of the house.
    It was a bit pricey, but it done, and the way I like it.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Roof is finally done.
    Quite a few sheets of plywood replaced, and a lot of work done on one corner of the house.

Had mine done last fall. I had several leaks, had a dormer that needed to be removed and sheeted over (former house fan exhaust). Took a while to come up with the money and in the meantime I built a system of rubbermaid totes and hoses to drain the leaks down through the garage and onto the driveway instead of into the house. They removed the dormer and sheeted the hole, replaced 30 some board feet of the 1x4's or 1x6's my house is roofed with. Still got it done in 2.5 days for under 10k. I got 4 quotes, they were second lowest but lowest guy had higher charge for sheeting/woodwork so I think I came out ahead of that knowing there was some woodwork that needed to be done.

So glad that's over.

I used VanDrunen Roofing. No complaints.

I still need to do gutters/soffit/fascia. But that's another $10k job that can wait. Did my septic field this year, that can be next year's big purchase.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Kid's soccer game, WPZoo trip, late lunch (yep, another 1 meal day here), naps, watering the yard to bare back yard (day 6 sprouting and fertilizing), relaxing to some Reds baseball and Maker's...good day and quality time. Kahr CW9 was my lazy pocket carry.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Nice man. Checking that kind of stuff off feels good and gets it out of your head.

Roof is finally done.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Had mine done last fall. I had several leaks, had a dormer that needed to be removed and sheeted over (former house fan exhaust). Took a while to come up with the money and in the meantime I built a system of rubbermaid totes and hoses to drain the leaks down through the garage and onto the driveway instead of into the house. They removed the dormer and sheeted the hole, replaced 30 some board feet of the 1x4's or 1x6's my house is roofed with. Still got it done in 2.5 days for under 10k. I got 4 quotes, they were second lowest but lowest guy had higher charge for sheeting/woodwork so I think I came out ahead of that knowing there was some woodwork that needed to be done.

So glad that's over.

I used VanDrunen Roofing. No complaints.

I still need to do gutters/soffit/fascia. But that's another $10k job that can wait. Did my septic field this year, that can be next year's big purchase.

I got all that.
    Next year I need to paint the fascia, or put metal up. Skyline said they put metal up, lasts better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom