NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So the following morning jedi is called to work earlier thus jedi did not get to check the cage. Jedi gets a call from son that something is in the cage and a blurry picture of a huge raccon.
    NICE!!

hum... expect now what? Call dnr they will not take it. Also tell jedi you can NOT release it in the wild. Wtf!
    Read online if you release in the wild must be 50+ miles from where caught or it will return.

Call the town. They dont deal with it. Refer me back to guardian. Those a$$h... want $150 to dispose of the monster. THEY DID NOT EVEN CATCH IT AND NOW WANT MORE MONEY! REALLY!!! F..... THEM!!!!!!

in the mean time son moved the cage from the grass to the deck where the shade is at since it's hot outside. So what does the monster do? Claw, scratch, damage the deck!!! :facepalm:

So jedi while at work begins to think of ways to get rid of this monster. Several ideas come to mind. By the time jedi gets home the cage however is empty. :) and :xmad:

Someone who will remain nameless called guardian to dispose of the monster and provide jedi with the $150 bill!
    :xmad: :xmad:

Fine jedi though the nightmare was over and only out $750!
    But nope....

Cause melensdad tells jedi where there is 1 there is more.
    No way!!!!!
    Jedi only saw one.
    Melensdad also says they are trying to find shelter in your attic.

So jedi puts the cage out again. The next day sure enough a BIGGER racoon is caught! Oh hell f...no way!!!

[Strike]that redneck south of us30 old man was right!!!! [/strike] revised approved edition: that redneck south of us30 old man was......Fffff........!!!!!! Jedi is so pissed about this. Needless to say this time jedi handles the raccon jediself.

Jedi repeats the process several more times and ends up with a total of 4 raccoons, 2 opossum and 1 squirel.
    The squirrel was released the rest went byebye.

After 2 more weeks of not catching anything the ordeal was over. Expect off course for more tree branch cutting and then paying another $2000 to have the repairs to roof fixed plus added sheet metal plates at all the roof/easement junctions to avoid another extry.

And that is the story of those monsters!

Last edited:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    A lesson I learned a few years back, never never never put a possum thats in a trap in the trunk of your car for a hour or so.....
    It took me hours of shampooing my old Lexus trunk to get rid of the stench.... I never realized how those mother ****ers stank until then..

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My dad used to just shoot them with a .22 in the garage or bludgeon them with a shovel. Not that I agree with the shovel method.

What's wrong with possums though? They are beneficial at least.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My dad used to just shoot them with a .22 in the garage or bludgeon them with a shovel. Not that I agree with the shovel method.

What's wrong with possums though? They are beneficial at least.
    Unless you have horses. They carry a parasite that is deadly to horses. Almost killed one of our ponies

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A lesson I learned a few years back, never never never put a possum thats in a trap in the trunk of your car for a hour or so.....
    It took me hours of shampooing my old Lexus trunk to get rid of the stench.... I never realized how those mother ****ers stank until then..

Anal gland fluidFear can cause release of a greenish-colored anal fluid. Opossums cannot “spray”, and the only way this unpleasant-smelling body fluid can come in contact with you is if your clothes brush the anal area. It washes off easily.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Raccon posts: That was literally one of the few times I didn't have to bust out the enigma machine to read one of Jedi's wordings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom