Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The guideline from the jewelry stores (of course) is three months salary. Depends on the girl. I'd be in love with a $1K solitaire, and then there's a girl I worked with at the hospital who had her heart set on a particular $13K ring and would settle for nothing less.

With all due respect to you, the girl that you worked with is a...

and worthless.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I can't see spending thousands and thousands of dollars on rings and a wedding, especially for a young couple starting out. For anyone, really. Huge waste of money that could be better spent on other things. (or saved.)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I didn't spend much on the engagement ring, I honestly don't even remember. Wedding ring, My mom gave me the ring my dad gave her ( he died when I was 8). As for the wedding, we went to the Justice of the Peace, 28 yrs ago this coming March.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The Church that I was attending had a large singles group, being near Ft. Bragg and Pope AFB and a lot of civilians in their twenties.

The older Church members treated us "kids" like their own. Most everything as far as the wedding and reception were taken care of by them. It cost me in the neighborhood of $300 - $350.

Another couple were married that same summer. Her dad owns Capet chap stick. He offered to either give them a honeymoon in Hawaii or Furnish their home.

They chose the honeymoon. He gave them both.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The managers here have officially run out of **** to make people do. They're painting the dark grey sheet metal siding on one of our shanties with bright blue paint. It's gonna look worse after they're done.

Of course, they're screaming about cutting overtime.
    Most Systems guys were cheering.
    But apparently, that doesn't apply to us.
    While I was on vacation last week, Guy #1 60 hours, Guy #2 60 hours, Guy #3 84 hours, Trainee 82 hours.
    That's ONE week of work.
    Since I'm back from vacation, everyone should be under 60 or so hours. But till the end of the year, we have a several of the weeks with vacations.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Daisy lost her ID tag and her brand new rabies tag off from her collar yesterday. I tried to pick through the leaves out in the back yard but no luck. For now, she is Lucy (I saved Lucy's tags after she passed). As long as it has a phone number, that's the important thing. Maybe the tags will turn up; if not, I'll order new ones.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :shady:

Yeah doggie police. There is a cat posing as a dog as Pinkdragon's house. ;)

Jedi wonders if daisy did what my sisters dog would do. He would find a way to take the collar off and bury it in the back yard. Then it was a game to see when my sister would find it. :facepalm:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No cats have ever been at Pinkdragon's house. :nono: I know what happened. When I put the tags on, the ring was slightly loose and I didn't have another one. I thought it was not loose enough to come off until I could find another ring. Whoopsie.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Old, dead, poplar tree fell into the road. It was old and rotted. Pulled out the tractor and pushed on the tree with the front end loader, it crumbled.

It has all been pushed into the woods now. It can decay and grow mushrooms in there. At least it was sunny and nice when I was out there doing the work.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Old, dead, poplar tree fell into the road. It was old and rotted. Pulled out the tractor and pushed on the tree with the front end loader, it crumbled.

It has all been pushed into the woods now. It can decay and grow mushrooms in there. At least it was sunny and nice when I was out there doing the work.

Yeah, the weather wasn't to bad for some yard work today. Got the leaves raked front and back, cleaned the gutters, and put the outside Christmas lights up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

The environmentalist sjw will be coming for u.
    U used a fossile fuel machine to move the tree how dare you.
    TTRRRIIGGGEERRRR!!!!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Gggrrrrooooosssss

So has anyone seen any black friday ammo/gun sales worth it?

Federal doing their rebate again this year. "Black Packs" Good deals if you can afford to pay full price upfront and wait 2-6 months to get some money back

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom