Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    LOL
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    And why r u up? Dont u work today?

Also jojo rabbit was good.
    It surprised me in some parts. Funny in others but worth it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    LOOK AT IT, LOOK HOW CUTE

tenor.gif

Looks like they copied a gremlin.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Monday morning and back to the salt mines. Road trip to Indy this morning for me. Delivery for work will kill most of the day. Next week is a three day work week.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    That's a nice pair, BS. (I know. It sounds weird). What caliber is the pistol?

I have a Garand I've never shot. Would like to, someday, in the company of someone who has experience with them.

That's darn good shootin with irons at 100!

Got my WWII 1942 S&W Lend/Lease all cleaned up.

Then my buddy (who found a good deal on a WWII 1942 M1 Garand and picked it up for me) sent me a couple photos today.

He had to "safety check" it for me at 100 yds at his range.

I'm fine with it, and at least I know it's a shooter. The stock in pictures seems sanded down and it has an IHC op rod, but it is correct.:) I pick it up next weekend when I visit.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    That's a nice pair, BS. (I know. It sounds weird). What caliber is the pistol?

I have a Garand I've never shot. Would like to, someday, in the company of someone who has experience with them.

That's darn good shootin with irons at 100!

.38 S&W. It was a contract with Britain.

He has 4 or 5 Garands in his collection, so when he texted me about the 1942 SA I was pretty confident in his opinion. Mine had a later bolt (very common which tells me it went through a rebuild), but he swapped it out with a correct on he had on hand. I'm debating on swapping out the IHC op rod for a correct one. He has 2 spares that are correct, but both have the cut. I'm leaning toward not swapping it out unless I can find a correct SA uncut op rod.

Here are the only markings on the stock. Anyone have any insight on the meaning?

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    .38 S&W. It was a contract with Britain.

He has 4 or 5 Garands in his collection, so when he texted me about the 1942 SA I was pretty confident in his opinion. Mine had a later bolt (very common which tells me it went through a rebuild), but he swapped it out with a correct on he had on hand. I'm debating on swapping out the IHC op rod for a correct one. He has 2 spares that are correct, but both have the cut. I'm leaning toward not swapping it out unless I can find a correct SA uncut op rod.

Here are the only markings on the stock. Anyone have any insight on the meaning?

As a former company armorer, I would say it is a rack number. Probably A company and the number for easy ID.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    This will either be well received or craziness considering this was decided at 5pm today and few folks know of this. If you're going to the game you are probably jumping for joy (and let's face it, it's football + Hobart). The Friday release will be the issue for working folks not going to the game. We'll see...you'd think their would have been an all call.

If you have kids in the Hobart school system there has been a change to school hours this coming week. No late start on Wednesday and school will get out later than normal and there will be a early dismissal on Friday. All because of the football game Friday night.

free image hosting

Nothing like getting a long-winded all call that has technical difficulties that cuts it off before a point was made. It's dinner time and you couple that. Lol

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :coffee: The funk that has overtaken this house is slowly leaving. I'm guessing by Friday my sinus funk will be totally gone. 3 weeks is exhausting. It was crazy, it just wouldn't go away. My wife is on week 2. Hope no one else gets it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Well, back to a normal schedule for a few days. Other guy I work with has to burn off a bunch of use or lose leave so I'm working a ton of jobs in the same amount of time. Totally not stressful at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom