• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Haven't experienced that, I'm on the west side. They say it's kinda a similar thing at the hot strip though. You can be standing inches from it and it's barely warm but if you put your hands over the top of it, they would be burnt to a crisp.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Camping in the winter certainly helps learn to dress warmly as well. I learned metal plates on jungle boots make your feet miserable.
    And field problems are way worse than camping.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I find it funny that you can get burning hot near the steel, but your backside freezes.
    My old neighbor, rest his soul, wore long underwear year round to stay warm and cool. Fishing at temperatures over 100 with that and a long sleeve shirt drinking coffee seemed crazy to most. While most were jumping off a boat to cool off, there he sat. Folks would rib him about being a stubborn old jarhead polak. He would always refer to working at the mill for years, learning from the old guys, set up his routine.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think he's a bad director more than a bad writer. He gets carried away. I think it's no coincidence that the two best Star Wars movies are ESB and RotJ. He wrote them both and other people directed them. The only reason ANH wasn't a disaster is because he didn't have the budget or the clout at the time so he had to play it safe.

And I'm calling it now, since Yoda's species does not yet have a name, they're gonna turn out to be the "Whills" we've heard so little about.
    Have you listened to any of the dialogue in his movies? His stories are great, but he should have let someone else write the actual dialogue.

There is no ANH. It is Star Wars, period!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Correction its....

Adventures of the Starkiller as taken from the Journal of the Whills, Saga I: The Star Wars

:p
    Just kidding that is what it was going to be called back in draft 2

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The dialogue is no better or worse between the originals and the prequels. That's why a good director is key. The dialogue in the Windu/Palpatine fight and Vader's dramatic Noooooo would have been much less comical with a good director, which Lucas is not.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I guess I am dumb or simple minded.
    I see the movies and they are just talking.
    Same with any other movie I have seen.
    They talk to tell a story.
    I just dont understand what is "good dialgoue" vs "bad".

I do know that music/background noise can change the tone/emotion of a scene but have never understood the dialogue issue, in any movie.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Don't want to go out today, but have to pick up medicine from Walgreens. I ache all over, which will probably be the state of things all winter. The infusions I get for my psoriatic arthritis are every two months, and I'm due next week. Maybe that will help. I might talk to him about doing every six weeks vs every eight weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom