• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Become your own boss then you can ***** at yourself if you don't do it right :rockwoot:
    Hard part about that is figuring out what it is I'd want to do and getting the funds to start it up.

That said, I was browsing random stuff on Wikipedia out of boredom and ended up on the Heaven's Gate cult where I found out some mad genius out there is selling Alien Abduction Insurance, so if I can just find a commune of paranoid nuts, I'm in business.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I will human burrito myself in blankets or wear hoodies in my place until it gets down to 55 inside.

I used to be determined like that. Old age has taken it's toll, though. Or I've just become a wimp. But I need heat, dammit. I freeze in the summer, too, when the wife cranks the AC. The age thing affects women in a different way. :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Feet are like pop sickles right now. 63 still prefer it cold, but I have quite a bit more insulation than Steve.

:coffee:

I had to add uncoiled rice to the salt seller.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I used to be determined like that. Old age has taken it's toll, though. Or I've just become a wimp. But I need heat, dammit. I freeze in the summer, too, when the wife cranks the AC. The age thing affects women in a different way. :dunno:

Ain't that the truth! At 65 my wife is complaining that it is hot and turning the ceiling fan on high when we are in bed.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I am at work. There are no blankets here.

Edit: Well there probably are but I don't have a sleeping cubby like some of these guys :):

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got 2 lbs of titegroup, 1lbs bullseye, 4k of small pistol and 1k large pistol primers, 60 bucks of zicks meats, and a new Ruger Mark 4 standard with 6in barrel. Sold off a 22lr and walked out with 131 out of 850.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Got 2 lbs of titegroup, 1lbs bullseye, 4k of small pistol and 1k large pistol primers, 60 bucks of zicks meats, and a new Ruger Mark 4 standard with 6in barrel. Sold off a 22lr and walked out with 131 out of 850.

Good seeing you, the wife, and baby there. Got ya beat on the Zicks. I spent $71 lol.Picked up some lil gun powder, targets, and a walther P22 for the daughter

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    9am-9pm class with IS was uber fun then running into the night! Learned a ton. Can't wait for part 2 tomorrow. I broke a toe a week ago to make it more challenging :rolleyes:. Carbine 2-day class in a month. Stoked

Now, while in the hotel, there is an odd stain on the cieiling. :n00b:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Got a fat stack of fingerprint cards from the ATF in two days from Maryland, but I registered my bike with the BMV last month on the 20th and still have not received my plate and registration. Smh.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Removing Flat Tire

Last week on my way out of Chiraqi Jedi made it as far as Calumet City before Jedi's luck ran out and he had a flat tire.
    The tire had a big nail it in and using the air pump would get it inflated but the hole was too big to continue driving on it.
    So Jedi took out his tools (image that) and went to work replacing the tire with the van donut. Jedi has done this twice before in the past 6 years so it's not a task he does not know how to do.

(Special thanks to Aceton for tool suggestions a long time ago).
    Jedi has the following in his van]
    gor_wrench_1721_600px.jpg

51s8JlrR9yL._SX425_.jpg

mWFrlvxYzrBYJH90Oysm-7Q.jpg

So Jedi was able to remove 4 our of the 5 tire lug nuts. The last one sadly Jedi ended up stripping it before calling it quits. All my tools failed and it would not move. :xmad: Jedi has to call a tow truck and the van was taken to a local tire repair shop in Highland. At the shop using an air compressor impact wrench they were able to remove the lug nut after some beating with a mallet, a few tries of the tool and some cussing. :) The flat was repaired, the 4 good lug nuts put back and the 5th troublesome one was replaced with a new one. End of story....:rolleyes:

So today Jedi decides to see if Jedi using only his van tools can remove that tire once more and to check on the donut that has not been used in 2 years. Figured this would be a good test to see if Jedi needs anything else in the van tool wise to get the job done.

Donut is a b... to take out but using just the van tools it is possible. Win for Jedi!
    (Granted will add a long flat head screw driver to make thing easier in removing the donut from the carrier it's in. The small screwdriver Jedi has requires too much work)

As for the tire. :facepalm: Jedi was able to remove the 4 old lug nuts but not the new one. All the tools failed. Went into the garage for a wrench and that too failed. The lug nut is beginning to show signs of stripping again. :xmad: So Jedi stopped. Jedi went to all other 3 tires and was able to undo all the lug nuts. Some required a bit more force but all could be loosen.

So..... WTF is the deal with this one? It is a brand new nut? Is it the nut that is bad? Or could it be the bolt that it attaches to? Jedi needs to be able to remove it WITHOUT power tools in case he is stuck on the road again.
    Jedi does plan on taking it back to the tire shop to have them look at it. They put it on, they should be able to take it off again. Any ideas? Should Jedi have them replace the bolt to be sure?

Help Jedi GEAR HEADS!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Last week on my way out of Chiraqi Jedi made it as far as Calumet City before Jedi's luck ran out and he had a flat tire.
    The tire had a big nail it in and using the air pump would get it inflated but the hole was too big to continue driving on it.
    So Jedi took out his tools (image that) and went to work replacing the tire with the van donut. Jedi has done this twice before in the past 6 years so it's not a task he does not know how to do.

(Special thanks to Aceton for tool suggestions a long time ago).
    Jedi has the following in his van]
    gor_wrench_1721_600px.jpg

51s8JlrR9yL._SX425_.jpg

mWFrlvxYzrBYJH90Oysm-7Q.jpg

So Jedi was able to remove 4 our of the 5 tire lug nuts. The last one sadly Jedi ended up stripping it before calling it quits. All my tools failed and it would not move. :xmad: Jedi has to call a tow truck and the van was taken to a local tire repair shop in Highland. At the shop using an air compressor impact wrench they were able to remove the lug nut after some beating with a mallet, a few tries of the tool and some cussing. :) The flat was repaired, the 4 good lug nuts put back and the 5th troublesome one was replaced with a new one. End of story....:rolleyes:

So today Jedi decides to see if Jedi using only his van tools can remove that tire once more and to check on the donut that has not been used in 2 years. Figured this would be a good test to see if Jedi needs anything else in the van tool wise to get the job done.

Donut is a b... to take out but using just the van tools it is possible. Win for Jedi!
    (Granted will add a long flat head screw driver to make thing easier in removing the donut from the carrier it's in. The small screwdriver Jedi has requires too much work)

As for the tire. :facepalm: Jedi was able to remove the 4 old lug nuts but not the new one. All the tools failed. Went into the garage for a wrench and that too failed. The lug nut is beginning to show signs of stripping again. :xmad: So Jedi stopped. Jedi went to all other 3 tires and was able to undo all the lug nuts. Some required a bit more force but all could be loosen.

So..... WTF is the deal with this one? It is a brand new nut? Is it the nut that is bad? Or could it be the bolt that it attaches to? Jedi needs to be able to remove it WITHOUT power tools in case he is stuck on the road again.
    Jedi does plan on taking it back to the tire shop to have them look at it. They put it on, they should be able to take it off again. Any ideas? Should Jedi have them replace the bolt to be sure?

Help Jedi GEAR HEADS!

I believe the problem to be the nut behind the wrench :p

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I can't help you there, butbI could have easily been in a similar predicament. Right before it got totaled, I replaced the brake pads on my Nissan and I got all the lugs off just fine, but couldn't pull one of the wheels off. I had to heat the rim up and beat it with a sledge because it was basically rusted on. I would have been in the same predicament if I'd had a flat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom