• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Crown Point corn roast/festival tonight and tomorrow.

As usual, the Lions Club corn on the cob was excellent. Sweet, buttery and salty. I had 2 ears. And a Maxwell Street polish sausage. Washed it down with a lemonade. There were lots of food choices, some better than others but I stuck to the traditional favorites. Also had some craft booths, ATT and someone selling gutters.

They moved it off the square this year. Its 1 block west of the square in Bulldog Park. I had no issues finding parking either. Left before the band started up.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got both scopes zeroed afterward, so I accomplished that objective. Going to move dirt around here in a few to take care of a major washout area from the woods before it rains...AGAIN.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Recovering from post Winamac coma.

Really great work done on that pistol. Like I said, it runs now which was way better than before.

Also, had a great time teaching as well. I'd forgotten to bring my 22 pistols, so I'll try to remember for next year. Glad the SCAR was so well loved as well.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Moved a lot of dirt into the washout in the woods. The construction site dirt pile is hard on top and muddy under. Made for some heavy loads. Now, it can rain and start compacting.

I anticipated cleaning all the firearms from today, but there they sit in the hallway. The cleaning fairy didn't show up either. Guess I'll have to get up and put them away and clean them on a rainy tomorrow as it's Bourbon:30 in the recliner.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Moved a lot of dirt into the washout in the woods. The construction site dirt pile is hard on top and muddy under. Made for some heavy loads. Now, it can rain and start compacting.

I anticipated cleaning all the firearms from today, but there they sit in the hallway. The cleaning fairy didn't show up either. Guess I'll have to get up and put them away and clean them on a rainy tomorrow as it's Bourbon:30 in the recliner.
    The mobile gun cleaning business could be a good idea. Like one of the food trucks.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Started a brisket this morning at around 7:30-8 for dinner, its coming along nicely. Working on finishing the basement so ran some electrical and put in some outlets. During smoker checks I even cut a few low tree branches and did a bit of light yard work when the rain was mild. Been a nice lazy Sunday, wish I had guns to clean...I don't get to shoot often.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom