Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    NWI INGO, Crown Point Gun & Knife Show M&E, Saturday, July 14 @ Shoops in Crown Point @ 2PM

Interested:
    • Snap
    • jedi
    • Act
    • Melansdad
    • BF = Best Friend
    • Chef Larry
    • Ballstater
    • Repeter
    • GB
    Still GTG. I just have to watch the time and leave no later than 3:30.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Still GTG. I just have to watch the time and leave no later than 3:30.

Might be working ot that morning and would get off at 3 so if anyone is still there around 330 I would sit and stay. If the blue falcon plans on leaving before we will have to make a time to get you your box back.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just read this and thought it was interesting. I am sure that "leg" units (the guys with vehicles to ride in) get tasked with testing mew technology but when I was in the Paratroops we seemed to get something new to make work all the time.

Army paratroopers test new handheld targeting system for faster, more accurate mortar and artillery fire
    sofrep-grenade.png

https://sofrep.com/88845/army-parat...ster-more-accurate-mortar-and-artillery-fire/

The other thing I found interesting is that the specific troops tasked are the artillery regiment attached to my old unit, The "Falcon Brigade" the 325th Airborne Infantry, now the 325th Regimental Task Force Falcon.

The Army tasked “Black Falcon” paratroopers from Headquarters and Headquarters Battery, 2nd Battalion, 319th Field Artillery Regiment

It is always nice to get news from "home".

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Just read this and thought it was interesting. I am sure that "leg" units (the guys with vehicles to ride in) get tasked with testing mew technology but when I was in the Paratroops we seemed to get something new to make work all the time.

Army paratroopers test new handheld targeting system for faster, more accurate mortar and artillery fire
    sofrep-grenade.png

https://sofrep.com/88845/army-parat...ster-more-accurate-mortar-and-artillery-fire/

The other thing I found interesting is that the specific troops tasked are the artillery regiment attached to my old unit, The "Falcon Brigade" the 325th Airborne Infantry, now the 325th Regimental Task Force Falcon.

It is always nice to get news from "home".
    Always good to hear from home.
    I know we tested uparmored humvees back in 2000, 2001 and broke quite a few before they realized the suspension needed to be upgraded too. And some other parts too. Always weird and interesting who all they get to test stuff.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Started round 2 of swim lessons with the kid. Only 4 kids in his class (sad on a participant level). Everyone should know how to swim!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    And if you want to hear Dad's Black Stone Rangers story from the service (Navy -Vietnam), just ask. I'm sure I won't give it the credit he would, but I will try.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Natural selection for those who don't learn that steep curve within minutes.
    I can still remember a lady a while back saying she did not need to know how to swim because she just stays away from water even on vacation. I replied with what will you do if you are on a bridge and your car ends up in a lake, pond, or river OR your plane goes down in the middle of a lake?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I can still remember a lady a while back saying she did not need to know how to swim because she just stays away from water even on vacation. I replied with what will you do if you are on a bridge and your car ends up in a lake, pond, or river OR your plane goes down in the middle of a lake?

if-she-dies-she-dies.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like I am NOT going to make it.

In addition to the graduation party, my daughter has decided to visit us for the weekend so I'm going to miss all the gun fun.

NWI INGO, Crown Point Gun & Knife Show M&E, Saturday, July 14 @ Shoops in Crown Point @ 2PM

Interested:
    • Snap
    • jedi
    • Act
    • [strike]- Melensdad -[/strike]
    • BF = Best Friend
    • Chef Larry
    • Ballstater
    • Repeter
    • GB

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Started round 2 of swim lessons with the kid. Only 4 kids in his class (sad on a participant level). Everyone should know how to swim!
    Taught my son at 3 how to swim. Being a former swimmer, instructor, and lifeguard made it pretty easy. Although I think any parent could teach their kids to swim. Wish I would have thought of auqatots, always packed.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Took my first three to classes at the CP YMCA for "baby and me" classes. Made sure to teach them how to climb out of the pool, too. Hoosierkiddos 4 and 5 learned in the redneck pool we had up for a few summers. My MIL, who lives only a couple blocks away, had her pool installed this week, so my days of pool maintenance are over.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    We actually talked yesterday about opening up an Aquatots over here. Haha. Having scheduled dates for classes and money invested is actually best for us to get it accomplished. Just too easy to put it off.

Family portraits today. I clearly don't have the patience for that job.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Interested:
    • Snap
    • 1775[STRIKE]
    • jedi[/STRIKE]
    • Act[STRIKE]
    • Melansdad[/STRIKE]
    • BF = Best Friend
    • Chef Larry
    • Ballstater
    • Repeter
    • GB

Status