Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So who won the debate?
    Its sadly only tuesday. :faint:
    I need massive amoubts of sugar to wake up today.
    Plus i ordered snow and instead i just get cold.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So who won the debate?
    THE HILL: Trump won with 58%, Hillary had 36% and undecided/tie had 6%

Washington Times: Trump won with 70%, Hillary got 24%, remainder were undecided/tie/Lester Holt

Drudge Poll, Trump won with roughly 80% of the vote

TIME Magazine Poll, Trump won with roughly 52% of the vote

CNBC Poll, Trump won with roughly 64% of the vote

FORTUNE Magazine multi-question poll:

Trump overall winner of the debate: 52%
    Trump strongest on the economy with 56%
    Trump strongest on national security with 55%
    Trump wins clearest vision of America with 52%
    Did the debate change your mind ... NO = 80%; YES = 13%; still undecided = 7%

Note, as all of the above polls are still open there will probably be some movement in the poll results over the next day or so.

----- NONE of the above polls was a scientific sampling poll ------

CNN did a statistical sampling poll of Registered Voters.
    The poll was weighted 41% Democratic which over-represented the Democratic party, while underrepresented the Republicans with only 26% of the polling sample by about 2%. 33% identified themselves as Independents. Poll has a 4.5% margin of error

Hillary won with 62%, Trump only had 27% saying he won.
    BOTH won had 6% of the votes, NEITHER won the debate had 4% and NO OPINION had 1%.

In the part of the survey asking about specific policy issues, Clinton won every segment:
    Stronger Leader: Clinton = 56%
    Foreign Policy: Clinton = 62%
    Terrorism: Clinton = 54%
    Economy: Clinton = 51%

----------- FOCUS GROUPS ----------------

There were at least 2 "Focus Group" results from last night.

CNN and Frank Luntz each had groups watch the debate. Both groups felt Hillary won the debate.

CNN Focus Group (20): 18 chose Clinton, 2 favored Trump
    LUNTZ Focus Group (24): 16 picked Clinton, 6 chose Trump

---------- PERHAPS the most interesting result I've seen so far ------------

The BREITBART/GRAVIS poll, which is a statistical sampling poll, said that most people thought Hillary won the debate with 48%, while 43% thought Trump did the best, the remainder were undecided/ties. So Hillary beat Trump by 5% overall.

BUT, among the self identified INDEPENDENT voters it appears that Trump was the winner. 95% of the people polled said the debate did NOT change their vote. Two percent of voters, previously undecided, switched to Trump after the debate. No undecideds went to Clinton. One percent switched from Trump to Clinton, and one percent switched from Clinton to Trump.

THE RESULTS ---------->

From everything I can tell, the PROFESSIONAL PUNDITS believe that Hillary won. They think she was the calmer, cooler and more level debater. On technical points they consider the debate a slam dunk for Hillary.

That said it appears that they collectively don't think it really mattered too much. There was no knock out. They don't see it saying much overall.

FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE PEOPLE it appears that, at least a slight majority of independents, may have been slightly swayed toward Trump. The 'online' polls all seem to sway toward Trump as the winner. Nobody seems to have seen Hillary knock out Trump, most people seem to expect Trump to get upset and fight back, and he did so that was not a surprise.

After staying up late and getting up early and looking at as much as I could find, I'd say that the debate had little to no effect on the trajectory of the election. At least I hope that is true because Trump had the momentum going into the debate and I think that may continue.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Interesting view of news HEADLINES from around the country. Clearly some show bias toward their favorite candidate but overall I'd say that they lean toward Trump. Some of these headlines are neutral. Some admit that Trump didn't do well but that didn't hurt him. I think the national headlines are somewhat telling of the mood of the nation.

• The Fiercest Presidential Debate in Modern Times Susan Page, USA Today
    • Donald Trump's Missed Opportunities Byron York, Washington Examiner
    • What Worked in Primaries Failed Trump Against Clinton Dana Milbank, Wash Post
    • Clinton Not Good Enough to Stop Her Slide Eric Fehrnstrom, Boston Globe
    • At First Debate, Hillary Clinton Proves She's Got This Michelle Goldberg, Slate
    • Trump Was Terrible. But Will It Matter? Howard Fineman, Huffington Post
    • Clinton Clings to the Myth of Systemic Racism Edmund Kozak, LifeZette
    • After First Debate, "Nobody Knows Anything" Roger L. Simon, PJ Media
    • First Debate Proved What We Knew: Trump Is a Monster Brian Beutler, New Republic
    • How Trump Won Over a Bar Full of Undecideds and Dems Salena Zito, New York Post
    • Clinton Dominated Debate, Pa. Focus Group Says Rebecca Berg, RealClearPolitics
    • Clinton Needs Obama to Carry Her Across the Finish Line Carl Bernstein, CNN
    • Obamacare's Death Spiral Has Begun Luke Hilgemann, Investor's Business Daily
    • Which Candidate Helped His or Her Cause Most? Charles Lipson, RealClearPolitics
    • Round One a Draw--and That's Bad News for Hillary Clinton New York Post
    • Trump Takes Clinton's Bait in the First Debate Los Angeles Times
    I think what is most interesting are the headlines that seem to indicate Trump did better but came from Liberal news sources. I expect a liberal news source like SLATE to skew toward Hillary, and they did not disappoint. I expect a conservative course to skew to the right but they seemed much more subdued. Its the liberal sources that showed that Hillary lost ground that probably are the most telling about the real results.

He should have been there. Anyone on the ballot of all 50 states should be included.

Agreed, but now moot and he has been relegated to pointless. Much as I'd prefer to have seen him there, I simply can't think he will be anything more than a spoiler for someone, just not sure who he will spoil.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If enough people had faith in the power of their vote, Johnson could win. We'll never know unless we try. I'm going for it.

I think Rand Paul would have been 100x better than Gary Johnson and I'm still a Johnson supporter but if he cannot get into the 2nd debate (early October) then I consider him no more likely to win than a slice of burnt toast. That is political reality. I'm holding out hope for Johnson to make a good showing in the 2nd debate and gain traction but if that doesn't happen then I'm voting against Hillary with a Trump vote. I really don't want to do that but the Supreme Court is at a tipping point and I don't trust Hillary making those choices.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI

Note to all readers. This information was in error. I had an attorney who represents many FFL’s across the country with license matters as well as NFA cases. I’ve consulted with him several times on these types of matters. He informed me there has been no change in the law or BATF policy. Local law enforcement does not have to do the fingerprints.
    So nothing has changed this was an error caused by some rather unclear information on the ATF website.
    My apologies for creating a stir.
    Phil

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think Rand Paul would have been 100x better than Gary Johnson and I'm still a Johnson supporter but if he cannot get into the 2nd debate (early October) then I consider him no more likely to win than a slice of burnt toast. That is political reality. I'm holding out hope for Johnson to make a good showing in the 2nd debate and gain traction but if that doesn't happen then I'm voting against Hillary with a Trump vote. I really don't want to do that but the Supreme Court is at a tipping point and I don't trust Hillary making those choices.
    I would have loved to see Rand as a choice.

I can't see Indiana not going to Trump.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    THE HILL: Trump won with 58%, Hillary had 36% and undecided/tie had 6%

Washington Times: Trump won with 70%, Hillary got 24%, remainder were undecided/tie/Lester Holt

Drudge Poll, Trump won with roughly 80% of the vote

TIME Magazine Poll, Trump won with roughly 52% of the vote

CNBC Poll, Trump won with roughly 64% of the vote

FORTUNE Magazine multi-question poll:

Trump overall winner of the debate: 52%
    Trump strongest on the economy with 56%
    Trump strongest on national security with 55%
    Trump wins clearest vision of America with 52%
    Did the debate change your mind ... NO = 80%; YES = 13%; still undecided = 7%

Note, as all of the above polls are still open there will probably be some movement in the poll results over the next day or so.

----- NONE of the above polls was a scientific sampling poll ------

CNN did a statistical sampling poll of Registered Voters.
    The poll was weighted 41% Democratic which over-represented the Democratic party, while underrepresented the Republicans with only 26% of the polling sample by about 2%. 33% identified themselves as Independents. Poll has a 4.5% margin of error

Hillary won with 62%, Trump only had 27% saying he won.
    BOTH won had 6% of the votes, NEITHER won the debate had 4% and NO OPINION had 1%.

In the part of the survey asking about specific policy issues, Clinton won every segment:
    Stronger Leader: Clinton = 56%
    Foreign Policy: Clinton = 62%
    Terrorism: Clinton = 54%
    Economy: Clinton = 51%

----------- FOCUS GROUPS ----------------

There were at least 2 "Focus Group" results from last night.

CNN and Frank Luntz each had groups watch the debate. Both groups felt Hillary won the debate.

CNN Focus Group (20): 18 chose Clinton, 2 favored Trump
    LUNTZ Focus Group (24): 16 picked Clinton, 6 chose Trump

---------- PERHAPS the most interesting result I've seen so far ------------

The BREITBART/GRAVIS poll, which is a statistical sampling poll, said that most people thought Hillary won the debate with 48%, while 43% thought Trump did the best, the remainder were undecided/ties. So Hillary beat Trump by 5% overall.

BUT, among the self identified INDEPENDENT voters it appears that Trump was the winner. 95% of the people polled said the debate did NOT change their vote. Two percent of voters, previously undecided, switched to Trump after the debate. No undecideds went to Clinton. One percent switched from Trump to Clinton, and one percent switched from Clinton to Trump.

THE RESULTS ---------->

From everything I can tell, the PROFESSIONAL PUNDITS believe that Hillary won. They think she was the calmer, cooler and more level debater. On technical points they consider the debate a slam dunk for Hillary.

That said it appears that they collectively don't think it really mattered too much. There was no knock out. They don't see it saying much overall.

FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF THE PEOPLE it appears that, at least a slight majority of independents, may have been slightly swayed toward Trump. The 'online' polls all seem to sway toward Trump as the winner. Nobody seems to have seen Hillary knock out Trump, most people seem to expect Trump to get upset and fight back, and he did so that was not a surprise.

After staying up late and getting up early and looking at as much as I could find, I'd say that the debate had little to no effect on the trajectory of the election. At least I hope that is true because Trump had the momentum going into the debate and I think that may continue.

All it takes is her to have one of her deer in the headlight looks, a seizure, or faint and its all over.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Breaking: Reaper POLL Reports 1st debate has no effect on voters polled.

In a grave to grave survey the reaper poll reports that all non respondents will still vote 100% for Hillary in the coming Presidential election.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Breaking: Reaper POLL Reports 1st debate has no effect on voters polled.

In a grave to grave survey the reaper poll reports that all non respondents will still vote 100% for Hillary in the coming Presidential election.
    Thank goodness I wasn't drinking when I read this, and way too funny. Sadly, I'm thinking way too true as well.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I was contacted by a headhunter agency last week, they wanted to know if I'd be interested in a position, send us a resume, blah blah blah. I did the research and the agency was legitimate so I sent them my resume. I really didn't expect much to come of it, but I have a phone interview with HR tomorrow morning. Yea me.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I was contacted by a headhunter agency last week, they wanted to know if I'd be interested in a position, send us a resume, blah blah blah. I did the research and the agency was legitimate so I sent them my resume. I really didn't expect much to come of it, but I have a phone interview with HR tomorrow morning. Yea me.

Good luck!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Good luck, hope it all works out

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom