• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Me too. Where was the heads up? This is where I come for the scoop... Slackers.:):

I'm calling the epa clark.

Jedi, you need to ditch the fam and help a brother out.

BR, I offered to help.

In other news, I still suck at golf.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Nah no feuds, just curious if I can tell how far back my property goes before the wetlands start. Would like to rip out the crappy landscaping the old owner has that's full of weeds and bring in dirt for more grass area.
    When I look up my property it only shows the property line. No info on wetland, flood plane, etc. So it should show your boundaries but not other things. If the wetland is OFF your property you won't know it. If it is on your property you won't know it. Wetlands can extent beyond the 'wet' part of the land.

Me too. Where was the heads up? This is where I come for the scoop... Slackers.:):

I'm calling the epa clark.

Jedi, you need to ditch the fam and help a brother out.

BR, I offered to help.

In other news, I still suck at golf.
    FYI, golf sucks.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you call your county extension agent he will have the wet land maps. If you fill in a wet land and get caught the fines can be very expensive.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Does the heat where you work burn off any of the humidity or just make it worse.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @thug eric
    Help with what?
    Are we finally gonna drop a nuke on st snob?
    Actually that would be too quick of a way to end them.
    Best to build a wall. :p

OnGuard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    NWI
    Nah no feuds, just curious if I can tell how far back my property goes before the wetlands start. Would like to rip out the crappy landscaping the old owner has that's full of weeds and bring in dirt for more grass area.

National Wetlands Inventory Mapper is here: https://www.fws.gov/wetlands/data/Mapper.html

This only shows the potential for wetlands to be present, to know for sure a wetland delineation study would have to have been done and signed off by the Army Corps of Engineers.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    When I look up my property it only shows the property line. No info on wetland, flood plane, etc. So it should show your boundaries but not other things. If the wetland is OFF your property you won't know it. If it is on your property you won't know it. Wetlands can extent beyond the 'wet' part of the land.

FYI, golf sucks.

If you call your county extension agent he will have the wet land maps. If you fill in a wet land and get caught the fines can be very expensive.

National Wetlands Inventory Mapper is here: https://www.fws.gov/wetlands/data/Mapper.html

This only shows the potential for wetlands to be present, to know for sure a wetland delineation study would have to have been done and signed off by the Army Corps of Engineers.

I know I'll probably have to get a survey or something like that, but I'm pretty sure the area that the old lady had as "landscape beds" if you can call them that, are not in the wetland area. I want to basically rip out the beds and bring in fill for grass. I don't really need landscape beds as the whole back yard is beautiful wetlands. This way I get to enjoy the view, but can squeak out some more grass area.
    nfqxcw.png

Just went to compare with GIS and found a "map" for wetlands, its the light blue shaded lines. Looks like I should have room.
    2lnfvqa.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Today wasn't too bad.
    Had to change a pole for the temperature sensor. Takes the temp of steel coming into the Caster.
    Air temp was probably between 100 and 110 before the ladle showed up. 2850 deg F tends to raise the air temp a bit. This is the job that sent me to the ER before.

Worse, is working on a crane.
    I checked once, it was 179 deg F.
    I don't check on cranes anymore. Just makes me hotter.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Another beautiful day in this tropical paradise. Apparently people have a hard time parking cars in reverse. Watched two in little bitty cars do all sorts of open doors and back and forths before getting into a spot at the train station. Funny because the spots are decent sized here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom