Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    A beautiful day in the neighborHOOD.

They had south shore drive shutdown due to all the shootings this evening.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 17, 2016
    Jasper County
    Boy o boy. 2 hours into my midnights to day double and I've up chucked 3 times. I see fun in my future.

On a serious note, any one have good luck with any particular adjustable gas blocks for the AR10 platform. I got a dpms I inherited that's a bit of a mess. It's a gen 1 but had a gen 2 rail, barrel has spots where the chrome is worn away etc. basically I'm stripping it to build a M110 clone. Just bought a criterion 20" match barrel but looking for an adjustable gas block to be able to tune it and dial back gas in case I get a mythical suppressor. Any recommendations?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bought an Audi convertible for my wife from Fletcher Jones Audi in Chicago. Paid cash, no loan, so they processed the title and FedEx'd it to me, but that took them 2+ weeks to get it to me.

Indiana won't accept the title because F-J Audi didn't sign it, they just stamped it with their name, but no actual signature (apparently that is acceptable in Illinois). Apparently they also filled out some papers incorrectly too. So a total cluster ####.

BMV in Schererville said that F-J Audi could FAX over the documents they needed ... and then the lady at the BMV gave the the WRONG number for the FAX machine so nothing got FAXed to the BMV.

Threatened to return the car to F-J Audi this morning.

They are now FedEx-ing me all the papers, plus sending a FedEx return envelope so I can send them back the title so they can sign it ... and then FedEx it back to me.

In the mean time I've been to the BMV on 3 separate times to try to resolve this. The 'paper plate' is going to expire on Monday so the car won't be able to be driven at all. I told F-J Audi that if my wife can't drive the car then we don't need it and they should bring me a cashier's check when they pick up the car ... so now they are trying to figure out how to get me a "dealer plate" to use until the mess gets resolved.

Moral of the story, don't buy a car from a dealership in Chicago!!!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Moral of the story dont buy a car outside your home state.
    There are other stories here on ingo about messes like this when buying from out of state.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Bought an Audi convertible for my wife from Fletcher Jones Audi in Chicago. Paid cash, no loan, so they processed the title and FedEx'd it to me, but that took them 2+ weeks to get it to me.

Indiana won't accept the title because F-J Audi didn't sign it, they just stamped it with their name, but no actual signature (apparently that is acceptable in Illinois). Apparently they also filled out some papers incorrectly too. So a total cluster ####.

BMV in Schererville said that F-J Audi could FAX over the documents they needed ... and then the lady at the BMV gave the the WRONG number for the FAX machine so nothing got FAXed to the BMV.

Threatened to return the car to F-J Audi this morning.

They are now FedEx-ing me all the papers, plus sending a FedEx return envelope so I can send them back the title so they can sign it ... and then FedEx it back to me.

In the mean time I've been to the BMV on 3 separate times to try to resolve this. The 'paper plate' is going to expire on Monday so the car won't be able to be driven at all. I told F-J Audi that if my wife can't drive the car then we don't need it and they should bring me a cashier's check when they pick up the car ... so now they are trying to figure out how to get me a "dealer plate" to use until the mess gets resolved.

Moral of the story, don't buy a car from a dealership in Chicago!!!
    Too bad they don't have access to a vehicle, they could drive down and get the documents from you, and then return with the corrected ones.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    The power keeps flickering on and off on the northeast side of Hobart for the last 3 hours. It's been out now for 15 minutes.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A Drive Cycle replicates the conditions of a person going out and driving his vehicle after it has been sitting overnight. First, he cold starts his engine and it warms up a bit while he is buckling his seat belt, selecting the radio station or CD he wants and adjusting the volume, and letting the windows defrost a little. The car is then driven through stop and go scenarios through city streets at speeds of 25 to 35 mph. Then, the car enters the freeway and accelerates briskly at half throttle or more to match the speed of the other drivers as the they enter the flow of the freeway traffic. Then the vehicle is driven at a steady, conservative speed of between 55 and 60 mph for at least four to five miles.After this, the vehicle pulls off the freeway and is driven a bit more in city driving conditions before pulling into a parking place where the engine idles for 20 to 30 seconds before being turned off. On many vehicles, one of these Drive Cycles is sufficient enough to set all or most of the Readiness Monitors. Other vehicles require that this entire process be repeated on two or more successive days.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Too bad they don't have access to a vehicle, they could drive down and get the documents from you, and then return with the corrected ones.

In every organization their is one person who knows how the company process works and can do it without error. This person must be soight out and FIRED!!!

You people!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom