• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    :) :) :) Daughter just got a full ride academic scholarship to Ohio State's Law School today. She also got a 50% academic scholarship to William & Mary's Law School and a 75% academic scholarship to Washington & Lee's Law School.

Boston College accepted her but said the scholarship would come in a separate package.

Indiana University accepted her but has not mentioned anything about a scholarship :dunno:

So at this point there are 3 top rated law schools, all far better than IU in the rankings, that, due to scholarships are also far cheaper than paying in-state tuition at a state school :nuts:
    Great choices. You should be very proud. Congrats to Her!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :) :) :) Daughter just got a full ride academic scholarship to Ohio State's Law School today. She also got a 50% academic scholarship to William & Mary's Law School and a 75% academic scholarship to Washington & Lee's Law School.

Boston College accepted her but said the scholarship would come in a separate package.

Indiana University accepted her but has not mentioned anything about a scholarship :dunno:

So at this point there are 3 top rated law schools, all far better than IU in the rankings, that, due to scholarships are also far cheaper than paying in-state tuition at a state school :nuts:

That's awesome. Congratulations to her!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Woh no, William and Mary won't do.
    Why?

Great choices. You should be very proud. Congrats to Her!

That's awesome. Congratulations to her!
    Thanks all.

We are very proud of her. She is finishing up at Wake Forest Univ. now with national honors. She also gets departmental honors in one of her majors. She wanted to triple major but the school would not allow it so she will end up her 4 years of college with a double major and a minor. She is an officer in every organization she joined, and in her spare time volunteered to ride around in ambulances after getting her EMT license.

Obviously not sure where she will go to college. I think she misses home and wants to come back to the midwest. So I know that U of C and Notre Dame are her top 2 choices. She sent out applications in early November, the law schools said they would start to reply in mid-late January. So we are shocked that she has already received so many acceptance letters and thrilled with the academic scholarships they are offering.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :) :) :) Daughter just got a full ride academic scholarship to Ohio State's Law School today.
    This is awesome! If someone is going to pay for your education, take it! Quite an opportunity.

I don't know anyone that went to an interview and was asked to see the name on their diploma. Just if they had one.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

Congratulations, that is wonderful news

TheHUTMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2016
    Valparaiso
    Hey! New guy here! Just popped in to say hello (from Valpo) and that I'm NOT looking forward to the upcoming snow they are predicting. Looks like I'll need the snow blower ready a lot earlier this year. At least I'm on vacation through the end of the year :rockwoot:.

Oh, and melensdad, my oldest son is right now looking into colleges (he's a Junior, looking into Meteorology). He's wanting to go to University of Oklahoma, with Valpo as a backup. Neither are "cheap". I went to Purdue Cal myself (thanks to the GI Bill) and paid very little out of pocket. Sigh.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Hey, he found us. Welcome!

Me not leaving the house today is working out just fine. Come on snow! You were part of the schedule! ;)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So it turns out that I am a terrible transplant to Indiana as after 4 years I have just learned that we have a state pie :D

Hey! New guy here! Just popped in to say hello (from Valpo) and that I'm NOT looking forward to the upcoming snow they are predicting. Looks like I'll need the snow blower ready a lot earlier this year. At least I'm on vacation through the end of the year :rockwoot:.

Oh, and melensdad, my oldest son is right now looking into colleges (he's a Junior, looking into Meteorology). He's wanting to go to University of Oklahoma, with Valpo as a backup. Neither are "cheap". I went to Purdue Cal myself (thanks to the GI Bill) and paid very little out of pocket. Sigh.
    Welcome to INGO :welcome:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    It's regional I guess. Never once heard of a sugar pie, never had a tenderloin sandwich either. :dunno:
    As someone who grew up downstate, I can see how this happened up here with the Chicago transplants, market, and influence. I for one will never have the obsession, like many up here, for Italian.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hmmm ... drive in to work in the next couple hours? ... or wait until morning and see how much fun I can have trying to get in?

Decisions ... decisions ...

SICK DAY!! :rockwoot:

Pretty sure WD made it in to work during the snowmageddons we had.

And on that note, I REALLY need to get that WARN winch on the Escape. If I go off the road, it won't do me any good sitting in the garage.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Speaking of sitting in the garage. Finally cleaned the one side, so that I could put my trailer inside, out of the snow.

Now I just need to clean the other side to put the Escape in there, so I won't have to scrape windshields to get to work.

Baby steps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom