• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like the worst of it passed to my south, right over the Kankakee river at the state line. We got heavy rain, wind, lighting but I don't see any real damage. I still have trees broken from the last storm where we had a microburst. Looks like this storm was NOT as bad as that one . . . at least in my area.

Obviously the folks in IL who got hit by that big tornado had extensive damage, Coal City area looks like a whole neighborhood got hit by it with massive destruction in that area and its path to the southeast.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    There is **** flooded in my yard that I never thought possible. I haven't even checked my creek yet, but I bet by time I get home it'll be creeping past my bridge..

Last night's thunder was the loudest **** I ever heard

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Side note: After The Winamac Family Day, the wife and I swung up to Michigan City to visit Sauers Ford to check the lot for the unicorn listed online. We met with the General Sales Manager and he inquired about the INGO/Family Day clothing and seemed very supportive...possible donor?

Good!! Keep it in mind for the t-shirts donation for next year. Tell 1775 usmarine about it please.

Not me... Can't trust them southern Indy INGOers how you expect me to trust non-indiana natives. ;) :rofl:

We had an escape built. It was the first '13 Webb saw. Beats hunting for a unicorn.

It's been quiet up north.

Hammond sucks. I'm all for ticketing out of towners, but they never heard of not :poop:ing where they eat? Really f-ing neighbourly.

Ah but recall thug that Bill B is "you people" and that he and Ms. Bill B sued the city for their hammond ordinance. So the mayor is out to get that s** of a ****h Bill B! :)

What do you if your crawl space has foot of water in it?

Pump it out.
    Check for mold.

This but also you need to figure out where the water came in from and seal it.
    Any wood should be dried and then painted. Menards sells some 'white paint' sealer that ensures no mold grows on the wood that was wet.
    If the wood can be removed (ie. pallets as floorboards) just get rid of them. House beams sand and paint.

In terms of the foundation you will have to look for the cracks, tell-tell sign of where the water came in and seal it up. Again menards sells a quick cement sealent that works real well. Comes in a small bag you mix with water and apply wet.

It's a pain in the back work since the crawl is typically a small space and I hated when it occured to me. I got lucky and only had a little bit of water.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom