Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    How many are planning on attending the coming meet and shoot.
    Out. Be at the 99th running of the Indy 500. I've only missed 2 since I was 16. One was due to a wedding, while the other was 2 rain outs in a row and couldn't get the 3rd day off.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So my wife calls me tonight freaked out and asked if I stopped home and then stepped out again. Turns out she heard a door open and the dogs barking. I came home about 5 mins later to find the back door unlocked. Who knows if someone came in or not, could have just been the wind blowing a chair around outside but......

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So my wife calls me tonight freaked out and asked if I stopped home and then stepped out again. Turns out she heard a door open and the dogs barking. I came home about 5 mins later to find the back door unlocked. Who knows if someone came in or not, could have just been the wind blowing a chair around outside but......
    I'm going with a ghost or raccoon.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I have to say, rescuing a dying iMac and getting the HDD clunking along just long enough to rescue the 900 gb of apparently important (but not important enough to back up properly) stuff, then disassembling and installing a new SSD, was the most miserable and frustrating tech help I've ever done. The thing is blazing fast now, but I won't do computer work for friends for another year.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Impossible! You can't just open that box full of Steve Jobs magic and do things. Besides, they never break.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Impossible! You can't just open that box full of Steve Jobs magic and do things. Besides, they never break.

You really shouldn't. That mentality actually made the whole process that much more difficult. Looking for solutions got anything took 10 times longer because the Apple apologists spend all their time talking about how the problems aren't really problems and don't need to be solved. The hardware ended up being the easy part,plus I got to buy a giant suction cup. My wife found my frustration hilarious.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have to say, rescuing a dying iMac and getting the HDD clunking along just long enough to rescue the 900 gb of apparently important (but not important enough to back up properly) stuff, then disassembling and installing a new SSD, was the most miserable and frustrating tech help I've ever done. The thing is blazing fast now, but I won't do computer work for friends for another year.

People never back up.
    Used to be standard practice.
    Equipment got better, so people assume they don't need to.

Sorta like people not carrying a gun because it's "safer" nowadays.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    People never back up.
    Used to be standard practice.
    Equipment got better, so people assume they don't need to.

Sorta like people not carrying a gun because it's "safer" nowadays.

Yeah, and you can just schedule the processes to run when it won't impact you at all. Not that hard to do.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You had to work on a MAC..... hahahahahahahahahaha.....

Hate to be you..... lol.....

See they never break, I mean.... LOL......

So I finally got my phone in and now I'll spend two more days installing apps as nothing made it out of the old phone the illiod truck driver thought was part of the road except my contacts and pics.... Now I got to start contacting people who sent me awesome pics of themselves to re txt them.... Oh I mean....

I guess it is ok as my txt are gone unless the NSA would just give them back to me I mean they have them....

I will be busy for sure here now as clients have been trying to get a hold of me and couldn't, and after using the insurance to replace the dang phone I'm still out 200 bucks to get back where I was.... I should have stopped that truck in it's tracks but I decided to error on the conservative side and get out of the way...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I charge double time and require them to schedule a service call atleast a week in advance for all MAC calls....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom