• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, either you get it all or nothing... that is the way life works don't you know...

Sooooo my phone took a crap today and all my text's went to never never land...

I hate it when that happens...

I'm going to have to figure out how to run a virtual phone on my phone so I can take snap shots of my phone on a nightly basis and be able to startup another session of my phone on any phone when it stops working....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ballstater, you don't run web or email servers do you ?

well just think if you could run a virtual phone like we run our servers today. Most web or email servers today are ran on VMWare sessions which can just be moved to another server somewhere else and turned back on once the IP is adjusted to the new location for the required server to come back up online. This type of server session doesn't require any certain hardware requirements and it is a complete image of the server in it's full running state at any one time. Completely transportable at a moments notice... I think this type of product would be a real winner for the phone market as most of us live on our phones anymore. For the next couple days I'll be re-installing apps and setting up email accounts and such until I get my phone back like it was before it took the crap on me...

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Ballstater, you don't run web or email servers do you ?

well just think if you could run a virtual phone like we run our servers today. Most web or email servers today are ran on VMWare sessions which can just be moved to another server somewhere else and turned back on once the IP is adjusted to the new location for the required server to come back up online. This type of server session doesn't require any certain hardware requirements and it is a complete image of the server in it's full running state at any one time. Completely transportable at a moments notice... I think this type of product would be a real winner for the phone market as most of us live on our phones anymore. For the next couple days I'll be re-installing apps and setting up email accounts and such until I get my phone back like it was before it took the crap on me...

Exchange server ftw. I k now it doesn't help with your texts and apps. It does make migrating email and contacts to new devices effortless.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Mark do you have an android phone? If so root and install twrp, even if you don't want to flash a custom ROM you can backup completely and pull it of the SD card. Do it weekly or so and the. You can flash back to exactly the same as when you back up.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    AClark the TWRP looks interesting for future use of android stuff...

I'll probably chat with one of the designers of VMWare over the holidays and see if he is interested in doing it for android phones or not, it would be real easy to just run a VM at a whim....

Balstater, I guess what beats me up is loosing the text convo's and resetting up your apps, I have the email all on multiple servers and it just comes back when you log in. I kinda use the text's to map out what needs to be fixed next for my clients so in the next week or so I'm going to have some pissed off clients until the texts become filled up again. Ya, I know your suppose to use a calendar for that but the text thingy works better for me until the phone screws up.

#3 doesn't sound home friendly...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom