• Status
    Not open for further replies.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Hey all. So I'm thinking about an HK build in the near future. Would there happen to be anyone skilled in the art of tig welding on here? I probably won't get started on it for at least another few months, but it would be nice to have a name for future reference.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Who has experience with Team VW? Good/bad/indifferent?

Bought my Audi from them. But of the 3 VWs that I've purchased, all came from VW Orland Park (which also owns Highland VW). When it comes to Team VW/Audi the only work I get done there is WARRANTY work. I only bought my Audi from them because they had what I wanted and I was able to get a very good deal on it ... same salesman who lost all 3 of my VW purchases sold me the Audi. He knew I was not messing around when we were talking price. I didn't get the normal run-around. I didn't get all the back-and-forth bullcrap that I had gotten in the past. He lost 2 of the 3 sales over $50 because of their silly policies.

So basically I am not a big fan.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Bought my Audi from them. But of the 3 VWs that I've purchased, all came from VW Orland Park (which also owns Highland VW). When it comes to Team VW/Audi the only work I get done there is WARRANTY work. I only bought my Audi from them because they had what I wanted and I was able to get a very good deal on it ... same salesman who lost all 3 of my VW purchases sold me the Audi. He knew I was not messing around when we were talking price. I didn't get the normal run-around. I didn't get all the back-and-forth bullcrap that I had gotten in the past. He lost 2 of the 3 sales over $50 because of their silly policies.

I've had good luck with the service dept so far for VW. My wife was with me when I bought my TDI and when negotiating my trade in she wanted to walk, so while she and the salesman talked I sat there not saying a word till the end. I told him bump my service to 30K and have them install the front license plate holder then we have a deal. I still got a great deal at 16k for a 15 TDI, but she helped me squeeze a bit more out of the deal.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Didn't you get an aftermarket tune on your Audi?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Bob where do you get your service done, highland? Need 40k service this weekend and Team always seems really expensive for service to me. Probably call both to see cost and what they do, but I'm thinking I might try Highland. Team is also very slow.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Damn. Need to put up some wall tile. Borrowed a self-leveling rotating laser level. Shot the marks around the room and 4 different levels. Put a tape measure to it and the self-leveling feature is apparently broken! Now I have marks that are climbing a full inch incline along the long wall. WTF. I was hoping to avoid doing this all manually. Looks like I have to do it the hard way. Damn damn damn.

Glad I found out BEFORE the tile started going onto the walls.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :lmfao:He really did try hard to make this a quality review.

[video=youtube_share;rCNx0Ql2ZZw]http://youtu.be/rCNx0Ql2ZZw[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom