Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Wow - So I went and ate my bratwurst and butter beans and come back and your still talking about prime rib and filet too. Talk about rubbing it in. Ya know some guy said "The quality of mercy is not strain'd." :)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Wow - So I went and ate my bratwurst and butter beans and come back and your still talking about prime rib and filet too. Talk about rubbing it in. Ya know some guy said "The quality of mercy is not strain'd." :)
    Butter beans, mmmmmmmmm. I open a can, drain them, dump them in a bowl with a generous dollop of butter and a bit of salt, pepper, and onion powder. Microwave for 1:30. Delish. My guilty pleasure midnight snack.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    ok so alittle off subject here but has anyone in here had any experience with any of Bear Creek Arsenals AR uppers ? Are they any good ?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That reminds me - back in 2001 I stayed in Indy to go to the Formula 1 race there. By the time I decided to go to the race, all the decent rooms were booked up so I stayed in a Dollar Inn about a mile or so North of the track. It was a very fun place, it had drug addicts and hookers and cockroaches and police visits.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    That reminds me - back in 2001 I stayed in Indy to go to the Formula 1 race there. By the time I decided to go to the race, all the decent rooms were booked up so I stayed in a Dollar Inn about a mile or so North of the track. It was a very fun place, it had drug addicts and hookers and cockroaches and police visits.
    So you made new friends, met your wife, got your first pets, and had a wellness check, all in one night?
    That was a dollar well spent. :D

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Sprayed weeds, showered, went to the kid's art exhibit showing at the are center, kid is now with his buddy's family overnight + to see the new Mario movie, lunch at Ivy's Bohemia House, planted garlic and asparagus, put down bug control, cleaned up piles of weeds the wife weeded from beds, showered again, now off to dinner (don't know where and I suggested 5 restaurants). :faint:

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    So how is it?
    Had a good time today. Picked up lots of free swag as well as some various mags, grips, silver, etc. Attended a couple seminars too. Met Scott from Kentucky ballistics and Colin Noir as well

Meet up with roughly 15-20 fellow INGOers at Shapiros. Awesome pastrami sandwich and potato pancakes. At the bar next to my hotel to close out the night.

Do it all over again tomorrow

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    What do you think of ivy’s? Customer gave me a $50 gift card for there and I’ve never been.
    I enjoyed it. We opted to eat inside. It's tiny. You could tell the pasta was fresh made. I wanted the The Polish Platter (Polish sausage with sauerkraut, pierogi, glumpki, and haluski), but they were out of ingredients for glumpki and haluski, so it would have been extra polish and pierogi. Pass.
    We both had Blue Crab Ravioli & Smoked Mozzarella Ravioli duo with sherry lobster cream sauce. Very good. Couple glasses of wine and wife had the sangria (which she really liked). I'd go back.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Now, Lemon Tree in Chesterton, I don't think the wife will ever be back. I could tell when she looked at the menu we should have just turned around and left.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom