• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Woke up at 5AM to lightning flashes south of me. Ran out in my jammies to move the car out from under the trees where I parked it last night and out into the open up the hill. Got within 50' of making it back to the house and the skies opened up,.....not quite drenched now.
    I moved my new one into the barn. I got to ride the storm out in there.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Took the dogs out at 4:50am.

All is good in far suburban Lowellabama.

Cloudy and 71 degrees at 6:41am. No rain. No wind. Just perfect weather for raccoons to frolic and play.

Occasional lightning flashing to the north and northwest. Ground was moist. No rain. I think we got a bit of drizzle while I was sipping my morning coffee, but no rain, downpour, or anything that I would require the consideration of an umbrella. I still see some occasion distant flashes in the sky and hear some distant rumbles.

WGN9 News is running wall to wall weather talkers going back and forth about all the bad weather in other areas.

Weather radio is squawking warnings, but nothing by me.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    We've had three or four cells pop up in the last hour and a half dumping tons of rain. You don't see them coming,....they just pop up out of nowhere and start flushing.

Car was parked *next to* the garage, under the trees. Moved it away under the open skies for a wash. Too lazy to open the garage door manually and move it inside. I'd just have to get it back out later in the day anyway. That's how lazy I am,......only open the garage door to put the car inside during the winter. I've calculated that opening and closing garage doors is slightly preferable to brushing snow and chipping ice but it's more work than walking an extra hundred feet to and from the car on the hill.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    And yet again. This is a different cell than just 15min ago and by far the worst one yet. Standing water everywhere, gutters overflowing and the downspouts geysering and it keeps coming through in waves. Where's my ark?!?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom