NWI: Guy rapes and kills 2 sisters and gets LIFE in prison in plea deal.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    How? Cost of 1 .45 round = .50. Okay let say we use something bigger .50 how much? Line him up against a wall and have the firing squad fire away. Or the noose works as well. Rope is cheap too.

Look I did not know these girls but I'm just tired of all these criminals being treated better than the rest of us becuause they have rights and all. Yet you do a SD and expect to have the criminal book of law throw at you and then if you survive that wait until the civil one comes after you (out of your pocket)!

Ok let me go cool off a bit.

I'm more for the slow torture thing.

I went to highschool with Jennifer Evans. Her and her sister (Kristen)where great people. This is just one of the most tragic things that has ever happened to someone I know. True justice would be letting friends and family getting a moment with this piece of crap in a locked room until he was nothing more than a pile of meat. I wish him a long, painful prison sentence.:xmad:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    So we have a case where a fair trial is probably not going to happen, and they give the guy an opportunity to skate past the death penalty by signing a confession. Now, whether he's factually guilty or not, anyone would be a fool to not at least consider this option.
    call me a fool but ill sit on death row for 20 years before ill spend 60 waiting to die in prison. You know your going to die there so why not get it over with

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I think there should be a spot on your federal and state taxes for "Do you support the Death Penalty".....

For all those that select "No" they will be taxed to an ammount equal to the share of all inmates who have been convicted of capitol crimes yet plea out or are sentenced in non capitol punishment states spread across all of the citizens who selected "No".

For those of you who may not have followed, this means that all the "Don't kill them" people actually PAY for them not to be killed and the rest of us who say put 2$ worth of lead into them and be done with it, don't have to foot the bill!!!

It is WAY more expensive to kill them.

Should we charge the people who support the death penalty with its costs? I mean, we already are...but it would allow those who do not support the death penalty to avoid the tax....

Personally I'm not against the death penalty on principle, although many libertarians are. I do think it should be reserved for only the most egregious of cases, however, because it is cheaper for society to lock someone up for life than it is to adjudicate a death penalty case.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Rape him in the butthole with the barrel of a rifle; I'll supply said rifle and ammo when the gun "finishes".

This guy is scum.

I understand the appeals and trials cost more when the death penalty is involved but in a case like this where the guy ADMITS fault, how is it more expensive to pay for a firing squad of 5 guys to put a bullet in his heart a few minutes after the trial has ended?

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    It is WAY more expensive to kill them.

Should we charge the people who support the death penalty with its costs? I mean, we already are...but it would allow those who do not support the death penalty to avoid the tax....

Personally I'm not against the death penalty on principle, although many libertarians are. I do think it should be reserved for only the most egregious of cases, however, because it is cheaper for society to lock someone up for life than it is to adjudicate a death penalty case.

So you think it's more expensive for a firing line than the 2.~Million it costs to supply these people with food, shelter, medical care and educations?

You're doing it wrong if you're spending 2mil+ on an execution.

Show me some actual numbers on firing squad costs and we'll chat. Until then you can rattle off imaginary cost analysis numbers to someone else.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I understand the appeals and trials cost more when the death penalty is involved but in a case like this where the guy ADMITS fault, how is it more expensive to pay for a firing squad of 5 guys to put a bullet in his heart a few minutes after the trial has ended?

In case you missed the point, the bullets, officers, and rifles in that instance aren't the expensive part.

Guilty people confess. Terrible things happen. Some innocent people even spend decades on death row. Worst of all, there are demonstrable cases where innocent people have been executed. Our society has decided that it will take (almost) any step to prevent this in death cases, because it's the one penalty that we can't "un-do."

It's not just the appeals and trial that cost more. On average, it costs so much more to prosecute those cases that it is cheaper for all of us to just lock them up indefinitely.

Nothing will bring the women back. Our society can never be repaid either way. I'm not saying that means he shouldn't face the death penalty, but other considerations matter, too.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    In case you missed the point, the bullets, officers, and rifles in that instance aren't the expensive part.

Guilty people confess. Terrible things happen. Some innocent people even spend decades on death row. Worst of all, there are demonstrable cases where innocent people have been executed. Our society has decided that it will take (almost) any step to prevent this in death cases, because it's the one penalty that we can't "un-do."

It's not just the appeals and trial that cost more. On average, it costs so much more to prosecute those cases that it is cheaper for all of us to just lock them up indefinitely.

Nothing will bring the women back. Our society can never be repaid either way. I'm not saying that means he shouldn't face the death penalty, but other considerations matter, too.

I understand the argument about innocent people being incarcerated or even executed; it's sad; it really is. Albeit the bottom line is: we need to set a standard - a way of communication if you will to the people who actually commit crimes.

The Romans didn't have this type of system; one a person was convicted it was punishment to them, whether it be flogging or crucifixion; the empire had it together. Bottom line is, with all of the bureaucratic policies, there is no fear instilled into the hearts of criminals.

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    Many of you might not remember Richard Speck. That piece of :poop: killed several student nurses in the early 1960's, I believe. He died in prison and actually enjoyed his adventures with his prison buddies. That's one turd that should have been put down immediately.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I understand the argument about innocent people being incarcerated or even executed; it's sad; it really is. Albeit the bottom line is: we need to set a standard - a way of communication if you will to the people who actually commit crimes.

The Romans didn't have this type of system; one a person was convicted it was punishment to them, whether it be flogging or crucifixion; the empire had it together. Bottom line is, with all of the bureaucratic policies, there is no fear instilled into the hearts of criminals.

:bow:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    So you think it's more expensive for a firing line than the 2.~Million it costs to supply these people with food, shelter, medical care and educations?

You're doing it wrong if you're spending 2mil+ on an execution.

Show me some actual numbers on firing squad costs and we'll chat. Until then you can rattle off imaginary cost analysis numbers to someone else.

Took two seconds on Google to find this:

http://deathpenaltyinfo.org/documents/INCostAssess.pdf

It's for Indiana, created by a government agency (thus public domain) and goes exactly to the question at hand.
    Of the three possible sentencing options for murder, the death penalty is generally the most expensive for trial courts to conduct because two attorneys are required to represent the accused, and a bifurcated trial is conducted to determine guilt or innocence and whether a sentence of death is warranted. Life without parole is the next most expensive option because, while two attorneys are not required for legal representation, a bifurcated trial is required to determine guilt or innocence and then whether a sentence of life without parole is warranted. Determinate sentencing of between 45 and 65 years is the least expensive option because one trial is conducted and two attorneys are not required to represent the defendant.

By the way, the economic analysis done above is wrong. Future sums discounted back to today by the time value of money should go DOWN over time, not up. Inflation makes the present value of a future sum less, not more. The analysis above assumes no inflation, yet shows an inflationary effect on nominal prices. I'm not sure who taught that guy's finance class, but apparently he didn't get the memo.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Cant we just heard the criminals into Chicago and nuke it from orbit? Whats the cost of a nuke? probably work it to get rid of chicago

Top Bottom