• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    If these current amendments are indeed adopted around what month would it be finalized? (I am aware that the actual rule changes wouldn't go into effect until the '12 season). By chance would the pathetic AWOL democrats in the state house cause these current amendments to die? I'm really liking the new equipment change proposals as well as the season adjustments and am hoping everything passes.

This does not go through the legislature - THANK GOODNESS! BUT - The anti-forces are attempting to get some legislatiors to put pressure on the NRC and IDNR though. Basically circumventing the established system.

The Administrative Rules Process is slowwwwww. It has been slower this time as there were a lot of input and changes and the DNR went back to the drawing board after their first attempt that did not go over well with the Indiana deer hunters.

The NRC is waiting on something back from the budget office. After that a required public meeting will be set up. That public meeting could be the May NRC meeting.

My guess it (or rather something else) will be finalized in July. You are correct in that it wont be done in time for the 2011 season - unless the IDNR diretor issues an emergency order, which is very unlikely.

Please do go to the NRC site and give your input.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    A 460S&W carbine is a defacto 45-70.

They really need to stop farting around, and allow any cartridge that experiences substantial drop with standard bullets... or admit the regulations have nothing to do with public safety.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    The proposal is in the Office of Management and Budget right now for consideration and documentation of dollars cost or raised. What I have heard is it is VERY positive

Still time to get your input in...

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I've received word that the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has approved the proposal.

The NRC is now in the process of scheduling public meetings. When that happens I will post them for all to see.

In the meantime the NRC is still taking input at..

http://www.in.gov/nrc/2377.htm

It is under the Deer Amendments..

Do it today....

Top Bottom