• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I support the NRA with my decals on all our cars. Most dumb crackhead criminals can't even read so the wouldn't be smart enough to know what it says or means anyways.

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I choose not to announce anything to anyone. Gray all the way.

Agreed. This is why. This happened about 8 weeks ago.

I'm exiting my vehicle to walk into my office at 8am, I see a police officer with no lights on angled in behind my truck. I didn't see him as I drive a full size truck and he was parked on a slight downward slope. I make eye contact with him just as I shoulder my laptop bag and start to head for my office. With hand on sidearm hey gives me a very sharp "HEY! Back in your vehicle IMMEDIATELY." And (agressively?) motions for me to return to my vehicle. I was shocked. Keeping in mind my professional attire, professional demeanor, time of day, somewhat exclusive private office setting, and two other well dressed professional co-workers entering the office at the same time.

As he approaches my vehicle he shouts, still with hand on sidearm, "Sir do you have your firearm on your person today?" I replied honestly and said "yes." Then the typical conversation about the reason for the stop. He said " your plate expired in 2009." I replied "That's interesting 'cause it's a 2013 and I've only had it for a couple of months." Blah, blah, blah, check the registration and find the 2013 sticker still on the paperwork. No problem, my bad.

After action report. Once settled in my office I started to reflect on the events. Initially, I assumed he ran my plate and my LTCH popped up. Then I realized, due to my being out of town and the rebates ending that day, my truck is solely registered in my wife's name. Only then did I realize it was the blue oval Sig Sauer sticker in the corner of the window that tipped him off.

As a side note, he was so preoccupied with the presence of a firearm he failed to notice that my license had expired the previous week..... I didn't know I was expired until I tried to buy my Kimber a couple of weeks ago.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Having a NRA sticker is like Open carrying.

It makes you more of a target. And it's just a bad idea.

That's right. I SO went there :D

Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sport the NRA sticker and wear it proudly. Yeah it might give reason for a traffic stop but if you are legal and legit what does it matter. And if that is why you get pulled over, it just makes the officer look bad. Without the NRA we might not get to keep our freedoms that we cherish!! So I say support them and show your pride!!

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    If anyone has Netflix, look up 'street thief'. Its a documentary following a couple criminals and professional burglars. I found it the other day just browsing and thought it looked pretty informative for preparing against this type of crime. Check it out and let me know what you all think. It has a happy ending as well.

Street Thief is a "documentary-style fictional film." Still, I thought the movie was very interesting and very well done with the ideas and possibilities it presents.

Street Thief - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Street Thief (2006) - IMDb

Top Bottom