• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Always glad to see the NRA on offense instead of defense.

And it's going to take a lot of concerted and consistent offense (not just by the NRA, but true conservatives everywhere) to gain back the yardage lost since the 1930's.

I honestly doubt that will ever happen.

There are too many people who claim to be "pro gun" who think it's just fine that we can't buy full-auto weapons, can't have short barrel shotguns, etc.

Go talk to someone who claims to fight for gun rights and tell them that you believe people should be allowed to buy full-auto AK47s in the mail, and they will call you crazy.

Far too many of them believe in "gun rights for all": as long as the gun is a "valid hunting rifle," "competition pistol," or $4000 shotgun, and also as long as the person who wants the firearm looks like them (middle-age, upper middle class, white guy).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And it's going to take a lot of concerted and consistent offense (not just by the NRA, but true conservatives everywhere) to gain back the yardage lost since the 1930's

Think of it this way, the '94 AWB was the antis' Stalingrad.

The NRA is doing strategic bombing while Gura is working on the Destruction of Army Group Center.

Many flags against the antis.:D

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Far too many of them believe in "gun rights for all": as long as the gun is a "valid hunting rifle," "competition pistol," or $4000 shotgun, and also as long as the person who wants the firearm looks like them (middle-age, upper middle class, white guy).
    Yeah, and they always leave the fat and bald part, too!! :):

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I have searched this entire thread and not an anti-NRA peep out of Prometheus. :popcorn:
    Aw GEEZ! NOW you did it, you mentioned his name! (:stickpoke:s at Pro)

Seriously, I think the best point here is the one cosermann made: NRA is now on the offense, not just reacting and defending. It's a good trend and one to encourage from them and any other pro-2A group out there. Let's get some pro-2A people (not just pro-2A while they're candidates, I mean) and get some rollbacks started. The crown jewel will be the dismantling of BATFE without someone to take their place.

Realistically speaking, I obviously do not agree with the consumption of alcohol while engaged in firearm practice/use, but the T shirt slogan is true:

Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

(and before anyone gets upset at the first part of that, I said I don't agree with it... I didn't say it should be regulated by any law. Your choice, but you pay the consequences of your actions.)

Blessings,
    Bill

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    There are too many people who claim to be "pro gun" who think it's just fine that we can't buy full-auto weapons, can't have short barrel shotguns, etc.

Go talk to someone who claims to fight for gun rights and tell them that you believe people should be allowed to buy full-auto AK47s in the mail, and they will call you crazy.
    So many times, I didn't even go that far (mail order) and got insulted a lot worse, directly and by insinuation. You get used to it.

For me, but not for thee.

Think of it this way, the '94 AWB was the antis' Stalingrad.

The NRA is doing strategic bombing while Gura is working on the Destruction of Army Group Center.

Many flags against the antis.:D
    Ever the optimist, the [STRIKE]Earl of Devonshire[/STRIKE], the [STRIKE]Marquis de Lafayette[/STRIKE], erm... I mean that dude over there with the cowboy boots, .45 and coffee is on our side. Now all we need is John Wayne and Robert Mitchum to show up, and we can't lose. ;)

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Yes, before 1968 one under 21 could do this. This is federal law, not just store policy.

I would speculate that after striking down the 21+ rule for buying pistols from FFLs that 21+ for pistol ammo will be the NRA's next target.

I didn't realize that. I'm just going to assume the store didn't enforce it, because I wasn't alive until 79, heh.

maarlborogto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    i never understood it either in the army they can give an 18 year old a hangun in the army and machineguns and explosive and an 18 yearold can buy an assault rifle from an ffl so whats the difference a firearm is a firearm good job NRA

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    An 18 year old may not purchase an assault rifle.

maa, one of the first cover stories from the SSA/GCA in the early '60s was "juvenile delinquency".

Kirk I thought the legal age for a full auto long gun was 18, same as any other long gun. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Tim, I don't think I've hit my head . . . recently. What did you read that claimed 18? Did you hear this in a gun shop?:D

Did a gun dealer say "a-salt raffle" and point to a Title I M4gery?

maa, did you mean Title I or Title II?

H&R12G

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    I'll be 21 before that happens if anything happens with that. So, it probably won't make a difference for me. But, I am glad it has potential to be changed. And hopefully if it does they won't find a "reason" to change it back.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Tim, I don't think I've hit my head . . . recently. What did you read that claimed 18? Did you hear this in a gun shop?:D

Did a gun dealer say "a-salt raffle" and point to a Title I M4gery?

maa, did you mean Title I or Title II?

Nope didn't hear it in a gun shop, and nope didn't hear about it from Texas or another state so Rhino is safe. I just haven't seen anything in the title 3 regs stating a different age. Although I am not very familiar with them. So I thought it was the same.

And I do believe you, but since I've visited MO do you happen to have a cite for it?

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I hope they hurry and change it. Im 19 and sick of Hassling with private sellers when all i want is a brand new gun.

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I hope they hurry and change it. Im 19 and sick of Hassling with private sellers when all i want is a brand new gun.

^this

Plus its a felony to have someone but a gun for you if they are not a parents or grandparent. The serial number goes down on the other persons file, which means they have to trust that you won't do anything stupid so why not let them? It takes a lot of trust for that and I disagree with it.

Edit: scratch that I just thought about felons themselves, now it makes sense.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have searched this entire thread and not an anti-NRA peep out of Prometheus. :popcorn:
    Sorry on vacation last week and I do most of my INGO surfing during down time during surgeries.

Without further ado: even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I actualy gave the nra some props for something last week. However after decades of throwing our Rights under the bus, it's going to take a lot to win me back.

This is a step in teh right direction.
    ^this

Plus its a felony to have someone but a gun for you if they are not a parents or grandparent. The serial number goes down on the other persons file, which means they have to trust that you won't do anything stupid so why not let them? It takes a lot of trust for that and I disagree with it.

This whole parent/grandparent thing is myth. Read the laws. By the letter of it, it doesn't matter if you are a parent or grandparent for someone age 18-20 in States (like Indiana) provided they are legally allowed to own it.

That's been covered many times before though.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I.know my 18 year old would love to see the age reduced from 21. I don't see how Texas gets a betterer grade on gun friendly vs IN. This used to be the wild west, but no more. Too many place you can't carry, there is no open carry. To get a gun license is expensive plus the long course you must complete. Which is why I'm glad I have my Utah.

Apparently not much has changed in Houston since I lived there in the 80s, except now the folks who habitually carry concealed can do so legally. Can you still have a shotgun or rifle in a rack in the back window of your pickup truck there?

Top Bottom