• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have been keeping track of the bills that are being passed in the IN Senate over firearms and this past week got several emails from the NRA about them. The emails sounded like they (NRA) were taking credit for those bills.

:dunno::dunno::dunno:
    From what I have read here the impression I got was that a sole senator has been the one pushing the bills and got support from other senators in the committee. I have NOT seen any NRA type of push on these bills. Granted the info I've seen has been via the INGO forums.

So has the NRA helped? Or are they just taking credit?

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    NRA

I believe the NRA plays a very active role in pushing bills through. They have people even at the state level to do so.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    The e-mails I've gotten lately from the NRA-ILA have featured proposed gun-friendly laws in several states, but not once have I seen Indiana mentioned in those e-mails...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I believe the NRA plays a very active role in pushing bills through. They have people even at the state level to do so.

Note I'm not being mean or trying to start a fight. But where is the proof that indeed it was NRA started, etc? :dunno: From what I can tell on these boards it's been BoR and 4Sarge that have been funneling info to us. Not sure how at the statehouse has been talking?

I'm not against the NRA but I guess I just don't trust their emails like I don't trust the ones I get from YOUR prez's organization.

The e-mails I've gotten lately from the NRA-ILA have featured proposed gun-friendly laws in several states, but not once have I seen Indiana mentioned in those e-mails...

Here are the emails that they have sent so far that are IN specific:
    NRA-ILA ::

This is the one I got
    NRA-ILA :: Indiana: Senate Approves Fourth Pro-Gun Bill of 2011!

The NRA helped because they are the voice of gun owners everywhere! The only voice. Ever. And dont forget it, or else.

:rolleyes: I see u have drank the red kool-aid. ;)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    NRA rep Ashley Varner has worked behind the scenes and also has testified before senate committees in favor of these bills. In addition, it's not just one sole senator pushing these; there are quite a few senators who recognize that the Constitutions they swore to uphold actually mean what they say, not just what they want them to say.

I just hope a few Dem state reps don't refuse to come to work with the result of killing these good bills. :xmad:

Blessings,
    Bill

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    When the NRA starts working to repeal the '86 MG ban, '68 GCA, and starts working to move SBR and silencers off the NFA list then they will have my attention.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I have been keeping track of the bills that are being passed in the IN Senate over firearms and this past week got several emails from the NRA about them. The emails sounded like they (NRA) were taking credit for those bills.

How did you get that reading? They say they're NRA backed, but they're also CarmelHP backed. That doesn't mean either of us is taking credit for them. They mention Sen. Tomes and Sen. Nugent, it sounds as if they're giving proper credit.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jim Irsay, of the Colts is against this SB292. He thinks this will hurt his stadium.

:dunno: Hum did he pay to have the stadium built with his OWN money?
    From what I'm reading that is not the case? Also he could just slap a NO FIREARMS sign and file treaspasing charges against anyone that does carry. :faint:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think if the SB282 passes, He has to let guns in. Since it's public property.

292, and you might think that, but you would be mistaken. Senate testimony was clear on the fact that the sale of a ticket to enter means you accept the terms of the contract made by purchasing it, whether those terms include "no outside food or drinks", "must wear a team jersey to enter", or "no firearms permitted", because the lessor, the one who leases the stadium, has the privilege (via property rights) to set those conditions as a virtue of paying the lease fee.

If the NFL or the Colts say you can't carry while there with a ticket and you must have a ticket to enter, you can't carry while there... however, I think they would have to ask you to leave. I might be mistaken on that point.

Blessings,
    Bill

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Here are the emails that they have sent so far that are IN specific:
    NRA-ILA ::

This is the one I got
    NRA-ILA :: Indiana: Senate Approves Fourth Pro-Gun Bill of 2011!

:rolleyes: I see u have drank the red kool-aid. ;)

Cool, I hadn't got those e-mails. I got the ones that just listed a few states and a paragraph or two on each, I remember Idaho and Wisconsin being mentioned I believe. I went back looking for them, but normally once I read them, I deleted them, so they're gone...

Is there a spot to sign up for state specific info from them?

Harry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    SB 292, "the devil is in the details" - (6) the enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the intentional display of a firearm at a public meeting; this lone statement means that any municipality can create new law.

So, unless this has been removed, it means nothing in terms of for CCW carriers any victory!

Top Bottom