• ...and so much more!
  • BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    This ^.

And make sure you're calling the right number and choosing the correct option;
    Call 800-672-3888 select option 3

You'll need;
    • Sponsor's number
    • Your credit card number
    • Your own current NRA number if you have one*
    *Mine had lapsed but they facilitated a lifetime "upgrade" for me anyway... and it was still under a few minutes of call time.

Here is the # to call again and what they need.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Any of you life members, here's a idea for you. Today I posted a status on Facebook offering to sponsor my friends for a life membership and had 4 people sign up. Just another way to get out the word and get people to join.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    With very rare exception, I choose not to hold lifetime membership in any organization. Should at some point in the future I disagree w/ the NRA, I have no way of making my displeasure noticed, other than symbolically (no impact on their annual revenue). And if I truely support them, I think annual (or every two/three years, etc) memberships nets them more of my $ long term. Frequent renewal costs me more and in cases like this that is a good thing.

In the past month, I did choose to make a sizable donation to NRA and NRA-ILA, and joined GOA and 2AF. Combined, I spent nearly as much as this deal....

just something for you all to consider before jumping on as life members.

another example... I treat my competition organizations the same way. I am not a lifetime USPSA member or IDPA member. Whether or not I renew my IDPA membership hinges on some forthcoming rule changes as I have not been happy with their rules for some time. A lifetime membership that was already paid would not allow me express my opinion as strongly.

-rvb

BTSTEVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Sellersburg
    With very rare exception, I choose not to hold lifetime membership in any organization. Should at some point in the future I disagree w/ the NRA, I have no way of making my displeasure noticed, other than symbolically (no impact on their annual revenue). And if I truely support them, I think annual (or every two/three years, etc) memberships nets them more of my $ long term. Frequent renewal costs me more and in cases like this that is a good thing.

In the past month, I did choose to make a sizable donation to NRA and NRA-ILA, and joined GOA and 2AF. Combined, I spent nearly as much as this deal....

another example... I treat my competition organizations the same way. I am not a lifetime USPSA member or IDPA member. Whether or not I renew my IDPA membership hinges on some forthcoming rule changes as I have not been happy with their rules for some time. A lifetime membership that was already paid would not allow me express my opinion as strongly.

-rvb
    I think a lifetime membership is fine, and it comes out cheaper in some instances. As a Lifetime member you can still donate more like you did or still call them and tell them what you think in terms of how you would want them supporting you. If you quit liking what they stand for then quit giving. I really do not see the problem with lifetime membership.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I think a lifetime membership is fine, and it comes out cheaper in some instances. As a Lifetime member you can still donate more like you did or still call them and tell them what you think in terms of how you would want them supporting you. If you quit liking what they stand for then quit giving. I really do not see the problem with lifetime membership.

I'm not saying it's a problem. I applaud those who are doing it, espcially during these troubled times. I am saying when I am a member of these types of organizations, it's not my goal for it to come out cheaper...

I also think membership numbers are almost as important as revenue. That the NRA has gained thousands of members in the last few weeks sends a strong message. Maybe more so than the $. Conversely, if people disagreed with NRA and their membership count went down, I think that would impact NRA's political clout as much or more than the $s coming in. By being a life member who just stops donating, you loose that impact.

Just offering an opinion and another option (donation in addition to renewable membership) to the group... it's not my goal to be contrary/argumentative.

We all have to FIGHT this in the best way we see how. Together.

I tried to convince my father-in-law to rejoin this weekend. He let his membership lapse because he didn't like the continual solicitation he got. I asked him, "really, you'd rather loose your right to your AK/M1/etc than toss some mail in the trash?" I may just gift him a membership. Numbers = political clout, so right now "It's all goooood."

-rvb

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana

-rvb
    Actually, because you are a life member(circumstantially speaking) wouldn't they listen to you more? You have shown you are in it for the long haul. You want to see it succeed, you have a vested interest in the organization?

Top Bottom