• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I don't think they will offer "meaningful contributions" to any kind of ban. They will offer gun education courses, be part of any committee that the gov't wants them to be a part of, etc. They will discuss issues in the mental health field, violence on tv/movies/games, and why gun control isn't the answer. They want to be seen as part of the solution, not the source of the problem.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "The NRA is prepared to offer meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again."

"Meaningful" being the key word there... AWB's and magazine capacity restrictions aren't "meaningful" contributions to reducing incidents like Connecticut IMHO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    I think they might recommend expanding the very successful TSA program to schools, churches, malls, and all places of business with more than 3 employees.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think they will offer "meaningful contributions" to any kind of ban. They will offer gun education courses, be part of any committee that the gov't wants them to be a part of, etc. They will discuss issues in the mental health field, violence on tv/movies/games, and why gun control isn't the answer. They want to be seen as part of the solution, not the source of the problem.
    I think those things (with the possible exception of government committees :):) are more meaningful than gun bans, magazine restrictions and retailers choosing not to carry evil black guns, don't you? :dunno:

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    Well, seeing as this is from the "Communist New Network", I will not form an opinion on this just yet. There are some very interesting comments that some of our fellow Americans have left at the bottom of that article. The few that I read, basically say that the NRA and its members are the reason for all of the gun violence. :rolleyes:

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is strategy guys. Don't you see... the NRA knows they can't win using the same tactics as they did before. By being part of the discussion, they could control it. While they may not be able to thwart an AWB for now, they could soften the blow.

Hey, we've had a good run since the AWB expired in 2004. But realistically I always thought it was politically untenable since semi-automatic rifles are an easy target for politicians who want to show they are doing something about guns. Nuts like Lanza will always be around and are ticking time bombs for the pro-gun side of the debate. The best we can hope for is that a new (successful) random mass killing doesn't happen again for a really really long time.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am hoping the statement has to do with the fact that mental illness needs to be addressed, political correctness be darned. They need to address the fact that murder is illegal and that doesn't stop people.

I could go on, but I just hope they don't pull a Charlton Heston and make a comment about people not needing AK-47 or something like what he said before the NRA anointed him as their leader.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    I see a Press release will be forthcoming from NRA on Friday. I pray the NRA will offer REAL solutions to the security problems in our schools. Please look at and carefully examine what is being done in Israel and Thailand. Armed parents, teachers, volunteers in our schools is the answer.
    Bad Ideas: Clinton's School Zones as "Gun Free Zones" has made our schools the shooting gallery for nutcases. And of course, we all know that banning certain guns or high capacity magazines has NO effect on crime, (like, remember the 1994 thru 2004 assault rifle and magazine ban?).

It is obvious that programs in Israel and Thailand are effective in providing safer school environments for the children. These programs and interventions could be utilized in this country to provide for the safety of our children. However, such programs would not be viewed as "politically correct" by the current administration in Washington. The gun grabbers have no intention of providing a safer environment for our children, or our citizens. The gun grabbers simply pursue the agenda of disarming all law abiding citizens. As such, the gun grabbers will exploit any tragedy that may benefit their cause.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2012/12/18/beyond-symbolism-protecting-the-children

Last edited:

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    i really wonder what they will say and if the statement will be listened to by the govt or just ignored cause they will do what they want anyways at this point

Top Bottom