• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I have NRA Basic pistol classes scheduled for Dec. 13th and the 3rd of Jan. at Parabellum in Avon and usually schedule 2 a month. Classes can also be scheduled weekdays at your request.
    I specialize in a very personalized class, 2 minimum and 4 students maximum. You don't need a pistol to take the class. Use of a Ruger SR-22 pistol or a Ruger 22/45 Lite and minimum of 30 minutes range time is included in the $150 fee for the class. Various 9MM Glocks, M&Ps and Rugers will also be available if requested. If you haven't purchased a pistol I would suggest that take the class first. You will have a much better idea of what kind of pistol will suit your particular needs and that is covered in the class material. I do my best to make sure my students are able to hit a 10" X 10" target at 5 yards consistently.

[FONT=&amp]Ladies only class or a single family class is a possibility, call or email for details.

Parabellum also offers a Ladies only "guided shoot" every Friday night. It is a somewhat abbreviated version of NRA basic pistol. Information below from Parabellum website.

[/FONT]THIS CLASS IS FOR WOMEN ONLY (18 Years and Up) and limited to 10 students.
    Class is 3hrs in length starting at 6PM.
    Learning how to shoot a handgun can be a very intimidating process, especially for women. This class allows you to learn how to shoot, without any pressure or stress. Our instructors understand that everyone is at a different comfort level and will work with you to help you achieve your goals.
    Physical requirements:
    YOU choose what you are capable of doing and what you are not. You will gain a tremendous amount of information no matter what level you choose to participate at.
    Let us teach you the basics of handgun safety and shooting.
    Ruger SR-22s and a box of ammunition furnished for students and you are also welcome to bring your own firearm if you prefer.

In this course you will learn:

1. Nomenclature
    2. Safety & Storage
    3. Selection and purchase Considerations
    4. Basic Marksmanship
    Class Fees: $50 per person
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Shooler12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2014
    Plainfield
    As someone who is pretty familiar with pistols but has never had any formal training would you say the basic pistol class is the place to start?
    Thanks

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    It seems l learn something every time I teach a class, even if it's just a lesson in human nature. Basic pistol is usually somewhat of a learning experience, even for a experienced shooter. It is a good place to start but if you feel you have all the fundamentals and are having issues in a certain area, a private session might get you where you want to go quicker and cheaper.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom