• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    The gist of the site, since i know people dont like to click and read something they may not care about, adam lanza compiled a spread sheet 7 feet long and 4 feet wide if you were to print it out taking years to compile, it is research of many other mass shootings and a kind of point system for killing in video games. This guy was a video gamer NUT, obsessed with killing and coming up with a point system and planning the ultimate mass shooting. He used Sandy Hook because its a school(gun free zone) with no resistance. So, if you remember not too long ago the NRA came out and said hollywood and the gaming industry need to bare responsibility for these mass shootings. They also said schools need cops because gun free zones invite this insanity. Seems they were RIGHT and the NRA needs to be screaming this into the media. absolutely screaming this nonstop

Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza created meticulous 7ft long spreadsheet detailing massacres of the past he wanted to outdo | Mail Online

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Which is why no law would have stopped this monster. Anybody who puts THAT much thought into this would have built bombs if guns were unavailable.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Video games didnt cause this. A crazy guy caused this, blaming video games is just as bad as blaming guns. What if he never played video games, but was taken hunting all the time while growing up. Would you or the NRA blame it on hunting?

I grew up playing video games, I played Grand Theft Auto daily, yet I have never stole a car or killed a person. If video games caused mass shootings it would happen way more often than it does. You can not blame an object for what a person does.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Oh i'm not blaming video games, i'm saying that the NRA saying hollywood and video games have influenced the people of this country is correct. a mentally ill person has used this medium in their fantasy and has obviously been influenced by it. I blame the PERSON, not the medium. But we can say that our society has been shown that killing people without remorse is "cool" and the mentally unstable people think this is actually how it is. i am in no way blaming an object, i am saying however that hollywood and video games to portray killing as "cool" and you get rewarded for killing more! obviously this is not real, all fun, i'm an avid gamer as well, but mentally ill obviously take this stuff way beyond the rest of us, so the real problem IS the person, they would kill either way, yet how do they do it? there is a correlation, no way we ban guns or video games or movies, but we need to seriously look at how we deal and identify mentally ill people, oh and we need to enforce our existing laws as well, of course

medicr224

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    There has been much debate about this subject over the past years and still no real answer on how to handle it. Before the game rating had been put in place anyone no matter their age could buy these games. I had watched a nephew and his friends play some of these games and talk about how cool it was to go and kill everyone. Luckily the nephew has not been in trouble for any fighting attacking or killing but one of his friends has been. The response he gave his parents and the police was "it was ok to beat the person with a ball bat on the game". Kinda scary if you ask me

s-works

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Indianapolis
    this is the worst piece if journalism I have seen in awhile.

They believe...they believe....etc...

The school had recently performed a practice lockdown drill and the black construction paper that had been put up on the door had been left there - leading Lanza to think the classroom was empty.

how do they know that?

He fatally shot these students along with Soto and then dramatically his assault rifle jammed - allowing six children from the class to escape out of the classroom while he reloaded.

it dramatically jammed?

'In the code of a gamer, even a deranged gamer like this little bastard, if somebody else kills you, they get your points. They believe that's why he killed himself.'

I play a few video games. What code is this? What game does the person get all your points if they kill you?

This report is rubbish. It is way too speculative and has too many "they believe" with unnamed sources.

billyramair

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Columbus area
    All the liberals worry about the next mass shooting, but don't want to address the real problems. How about the little guys turning our guys into swiss cheese, they don't usually use semi-auto guns, they use ingredients found in most households, to make ied's. What happens when these sick people start using these, because nobody wanted to interfere when the signs were right there in front of them. I understand about privacy rights, but once you are dangerous to society, don't we have the right to know that these people are being taken care of until they are not going to hurt someone?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    All the liberals worry about the next mass shooting, but don't want to address the real problems. How about the little guys turning our guys into swiss cheese, they don't usually use semi-auto guns, they use ingredients found in most households, to make ied's. What happens when these sick people start using these, because nobody wanted to interfere when the signs were right there in front of them. I understand about privacy rights, but once you are dangerous to society, don't we have the right to know that these people are being taken care of until they are not going to hurt someone?

I am a very - very conservative person. While your intentions are understandable - I am very worried that your "cure" is worse than the disease.

HOW do you find and identify these "sick" people? Make all the discussions YOU and everyone else has with a Priest, Doctor, Teacher, Psychiatrist, Marriage Counselor, Hospital, Veteran adviser, etc. available to the Government? This would be a sure way to intrude into everyone's life and reduce gun ownership by the Feds!

I sure don't have the answers. Enforcing the current laws and maximizing the sentence for Violent offenders would certainly be a real step forward. I'm not certain we will ever eliminate the murders committed by "mass shooters or Mass bombers, or arsonists that kill many more than either of the first (just less amounts at one time).

Serial killers have been around since the beginning of time. At this time with the tools we have I don't believe "society" will ever be "safe" from the above killers. I'm not real sure I would want to live in a society that is made that "safe" as I don't think you could have any freedoms left.

I believe we all "KNOW" that additional "Gun control" measures will not even decrease the number of deaths. Studies prove that none of the measures taken have in any way worked.

The Cities and States with the strictest controls still have the highest fatalities, as well as many, many more rapes, robberies and other violent acts against unarmed citizens.

Humans are fairly fragile - we can be killed by ball bats, fire, IED's, gas, poison, automobiles, drowning, suffocation, knives, and many other means. It is impossible to stop - and in many cases even per-identify insane, or just plain evil persons before killing occurs.

As hard as it may seem - we may have to just live with some of it - and eliminate or reduce the amount of people killed by arming schools and eliminating other "gun free" zones,

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    How about the copious amounts of SSIDs kids are taking from very early ages because they're "sick". All with big gov approval of course via the FDA.

hD3776664

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Oh i'm not blaming video games, i'm saying that the NRA saying hollywood and video games have influenced the people of this country is correct. a mentally ill person has used this medium in their fantasy and has obviously been influenced by it. I blame the PERSON, not the medium. But we can say that our society has been shown that killing people without remorse is "cool" and the mentally unstable people think this is actually how it is. i am in no way blaming an object, i am saying however that hollywood and video games to portray killing as "cool" and you get rewarded for killing more! obviously this is not real, all fun, i'm an avid gamer as well, but mentally ill obviously take this stuff way beyond the rest of us, so the real problem IS the person, they would kill either way, yet how do they do it? there is a correlation, no way we ban guns or video games or movies, but we need to seriously look at how we deal and identify mentally ill people, oh and we need to enforce our existing laws as well, of course
    These types of things have been happening way before video games and violent movies. In China there are extremely poor people killing children with hammers and knives. How many of these poor rural people do you think have watched "Lucky Number Slevin" or "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"? How many of these murderers own "Grand Theft Auto"? I bet the number is zero, yet these attacks keep happening without access to guns, video games, and Hollywood movies.

There is a much bigger problem here than what people are playing or watching, but everyone wants somewhere to point the finger. I would blame the parenting of these murderers before I would ever blame an object.

I was raised as a hunter, and I played video games and watched the craziest movies I could. I listened to rock and roll, and even Death Metal. But my parents taught me right from wrong. I know it cant always be the parents fault, sometimes people are just wired wrong and will do bad things no matter how they were raised.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    No mention of the Pharmaceuticals... Hmm.. And Columbine and Aurora.... Never really get's brought out.
    Man, I've had devastating problems with family on pharmaceuticals, and they just can't see the problems (because of the drugs) until it's all too late.

Top Bottom