• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Of course "clenched fists" is metaphorical. And that's the problem with doing it. "But they do it more" isn't a proper defense of doing it. Getting serious shouldn't look like Ben Affleck attempting to play Batman. "This is my angry face". It's put on like makeup where underneath, you just have someone playing the part of an angry person.

What is the goal of the NRA? Is it to foster tribalism or is it to promote firearm ownership and rights? Is the NRA the conservative's personal gun toter's wing, or is it simply that the people who tend to be in favor of gun rights happen to be more conservative. If it's the former then the NRA may as well be an extension of the Republican Party. But if it's the latter then gun rights proponents should want to expand their tent to anyone who promotes firearm ownership and advocates for gun rights.

I understand the frustration and anger over the tactics the regressive left has used over the right, but I've seen signs of dents in the left's power to do so. Exposing the absurd, and articulating the stark contrast with the truth has made more progress in defeating progressives. Articulating truth is way more powerful than angrily clenching our fists and acting like the stereotyped people the left has made us out to be.

I have a very, very good friend, who was adamantly opposed to those who, not too long ago, were showing up at rallies, toting those evil black guns. I applauded them, but he was angrily opposed to them doing that. I asked him why not only the opposition to a lawful, and peaceable assembly. His very emotional retort was that, even though carrying those long arms was lawful, he was upset, because that upset others. I said, let me understand...you`re upset with law-abiding American citizens, who are exercising their rights to assemble peaceably, and bear arms...

So, like my very, very good friend, I just have to very respectfully disagree with your stance on this issue.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    When the issue is something you`re passionate about, how can anyone...

Very true. I really do try to avoid political threads on here (outside of easy ones, like opposing gun control or pushing for the HPA). I guess this issue just kind of riled me up.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Here's a link to today's NPR 1A program:

Why Can't We Talk About Guns? | WAMU

It's a shame that they are able to get away with pretending that the NRA is the only gun rights organization and that the NRA is evil. It amazes me to see all the anti-NRA posts on INGO that say the NRA doesn't go far enough. And yet these guys get to run rampant saying the NRA goes too far. :)

To listen to the commentators and interviewees on this show, I guess there are no background checks anywhere in the country and that its easy for felons to walk into a gun store or gun show and walk out with a firearm. Part of the problem is the Left just has not time for facts.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Almost all leftist I know are all about the open palm of giving.

With the radicalization and entrenchment of both sides, I'm sure many are more militant, yet still most are too busy using their hands to dig into your pockets.

As for "getting ornery", I'm not sure that's the right tack. We've been making great inroads in the past decade - constitutional carry, getting close on removing surpressor controls, etc., etc. Why risk risk derailing this?

I heard the promo, I'll try and listen later today.

I'm sure that concept will be lost on them.

I fail to see how NRA, finally taking a tougher approach, can cause anything to "derail". Look, those who are determined to attack our Second Amendment rights won`t ever suddenly wake up and have a different outlook on liberty. They are dead set on eroding your rights, as much as possible, to keep and bear arms. Period. End of Story. Conversely, I know I`m not the only NRA member who has had reservations about how mild and politically correct NRA had seemed to become. This, no doubt, will cause many members to take notice that NRA leadership may finally have that fire in their belly again. I say, it`s about time.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Here's a link to today's NPR 1A program:

Why Can't We Talk About Guns? | WAMU

It's a shame that they are able to get away with pretending that the NRA is the only gun rights organization and that the NRA is evil. It amazes me to see all the anti-NRA posts on INGO that say the NRA doesn't go far enough. And yet these guys get to run rampant saying the NRA goes too far. :)

To listen to the commentators and interviewees on this show, I guess there are no background checks anywhere in the country and that its easy for felons to walk into a gun store or gun show and walk out with a firearm. Part of the problem is the Left just has not time for facts.

I`m an NRA Life-Endowment member. I`ve nearly always been a very steadfast supporter of NRA. In my opinion, for quite some time, they`ve been negligent in properly defending membership and our rights. I would love to believe it`s turning around.

Top Bottom