• ...and so much more!
  • Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've seen those pop up at the 1500 every now and again. Just another gimmick gun that never really took off. I guess the idea was to build a 5.56 pistol that wasn't as front heavy as an normal AR pistol. Not really much use, in either case.

ShootnCut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Indiana
    I got a hold of one of those back around 1976 when a friend wanted me to sell it for him. One of the operating rods had a roll pin in it that was over half the diameter of the rod itself. After cocking it a few times I ended up breaking the rod. So I let the LGS repair it, gave it back to him and said "good luck". I don't know if he ever got the $250.00 he was asking or not. I know I sure didn't want it. I believe when they first came out they called them the "Maxi-Blaster".
    My advice........STEER CLEAR!!! There's a reason they're "very rare".

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    I remember them from back in the day. Don't think they ever made it much past the prototype stage but I fired one back in the late seventies that a friend had picked up. We didn't experience any mechanical failures, but it seemed more an answer in search of a question than anything else. I seem to recall the designers were going after some Air Force survival weapon contract, or something along those lines.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Nasty "Arm Gun" pictogram under "Bushmaster". They be very loud. Seem to remember spring replacement schedule was around 2 to 300 rounds fired.

Grip is also floppy. Cool in a moped sort of way.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I had one for a while back in the 80s, wasn't much impressed and sold it. Really long mushy trigger so it was hard to fire quickly and the muzzle blast was fierce. On the plus side it did function well and used regular M-16 mags, it rode on your forearm about like a High Standard 10-B. Aiming and accuracy were bad, might have kept it if it was FA.:)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    It seems like I have seen one recently at a show, maybe Stout Field. Asking price was $800. I'm not sure what the guy on GB thinks that thing is worth, it was bid to $985, with reserve not met.
    Ugly...

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    It seems like I have seen one recently at a show, maybe Stout Field. Asking price was $800. I'm not sure what the guy on GB thinks that thing is worth, it was bid to $985, with reserve not met.
    Ugly...
    It has been relisted with a BIN of $1300.
    I had one of these several years ago with an electroless nickel finish. Got $900 out of it.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I remember these from the 70's. IIRC it was one of Bushmaster's first production guns, if not the first. I suppose that they sold enough of them to continue in business.

Top Bottom