• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I always get a kick out of seeing wife's (the non shooting type) sitting in their cars while their husband is in Bradis. Without fail.... everytime I go I see one or two in their cars reading a magazine.

Guess I'm lucky, my wife goes in too and usually find something else to add to our future shopping list

My wife comes in most times! And our 1-year old!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Went back on Sunday to see Kenny again (:wwub: :wwub: :rofl:) and had to park over next to the barber shop.

Obligatory "Hmmmmm...." Mrs GGF will be so jealous.

I always get a kick out of seeing wife's (the non shooting type) sitting in their cars while their husband is in Bradis. Without fail.... everytime I go I see one or two in their cars reading a magazine.

Ever wonder WHY? You assume they are the "non shooting type" BUT... :dunno:

Guess I'm lucky, my wife goes in too and usually find something else to add to our future shopping list

My wife goes in there too. As a matter of fact, I almost have to clear it with her BEFORE I can go in without her. It has something to do with Kenny, I'm sure. :rolleyes:

BTW, nice banner guys n gals!!! Congrats again! :rockwoot:

sideoiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Definately worth the trip,great prices,selections and great service. It's on Kentucky Avenue about 10 mins south after you get on Kentucky avenue or S.R. 67 towards Mooresvilles on the East side of the road

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    I had an unfortunate experience there and won't be back. One of the persons working there was extremely rude and..well I'll just leave it at that. I would go to Plainfield over this place anytime.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    sorry you had a bad experience oldbird. my wife and i have been there many times and now matter how crowded, and its always crowded, have always been treated with respect. They will take the time to explain anything and everything to to novice, and they have never spoken down to us. i am not affiliated in anyway with them, but i will always give someone a second chance

Pinpoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    I bought a Ruger Mark III 22LR pistol from Bradis today from a salesman who had a black beard. This guy seemed to be very impatient with me. Another customer had some used guns on top of the case where the Mark III's were and I couldn't just push that guy out of the way. After the salesman pulled out one Ruger Mark III that I didn't want, he badgered me to tell him which one that I wanted. Thank God, I had done some Internet research. The second one that he pulled out was the Model 10101 that I wanted, but when I asked him if it was the Model 10101 Mark III, he said something like "No, that's a 45 cal bla bla bla" in a very condescending tone. He really embarrassed me after I dry fired the gun. After the second dry firing, he raised his voice and made a scene. I apologized for doing this, but the guy by now really had something to gripe about. The owners manual specifies that dry firings of the Mark III are not only okay but are also necessary in field stripping the gun. I also called Ruger technical support afterward and they informed that it is okay to dry fire the Mark III - THOUSANDS OF TIMES!!! I now have only bought two guns in Bradis store - in the last five months - but I will never take a step into that place again. It ain't worth it!!!

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    161   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Sorry for your experience

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the shop today. For years it has been said that dry firing a rimfire firearm will peen the chamber and create problems. Myself, I know that it is acceptable to do this with a Ruger but not everyone does. As to the model number you were asking about, I am the Ruger guy at the shop and even with the reading I do I can not keep up with the model numbers. Ruger recently changed their model numbers and made it more challanging.
    I am not trying to make excuses for my Co-worker but I am a little curious as to why you didn't ask to speak with Management or even ask to deal with another sales clerk.

I hope that you will return and again I apologize for any hurt feelings that you might have.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I also called Ruger technical support afterward and they informed that it is okay to dry fire the Mark III - THOUSANDS OF TIMES!!!

I, for one, have learned my something new for today. Thanks for bringing that fact to my attention; it will help ensure that our salespeople deliver correct information to customers going forward.

I was present for the conversation in question, and at no time did I hear Dave (your salesperson) "badger" you or "make a scene". He did raise his voice a bit, and I chimed in as well, when he asked you for the second time to not dryfire the gun, and you pulled the trigger again, then said "I won't". It appeared to us that you did not know what "dryfiring" was, and Dave and I were simply trying to clarify that for you. If our actions embarrassed you, I am sorry; that was certainly not our intent.

I appreciate the fact that you went on to buy the gun from us even after that, and I hope that we can continue to earn your business in the future.

Last edited:

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Gosh, for years as a traveling salesman I have traveled by the Brandis/Camby sign on 67. Always wanted to stop in, never took the time. Now as a INGO member I regret not doing so. My bad :( Congrats on your award!

Top Bottom