• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    This. When I worked in retail, beards bigger than goatee's were a no-no. Now that I work from home, and thus have no dress code, I can do as I please. Count me in. May drive the wife and child mad, but I'm interested to see if I can get something to grow.

My healthcare facility has a line in the manual about not having long beards due to potential issues for patients grabbing it. IDC and have one.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've been enjoying Septembeard since uhhh...2000. It has been various lengths, styles, and amounts of food contained within. It has been trimmed maybe twice a year, not length, just strays and some bushiness for the last year.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've had my beard now for close to a year, and it got rough for a while. Looked stragley, course rough hairs, itchy, etc., but I found a product that is awesome! Amazon.com: Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-in Conditioner - All Natural -Vegan Friendly Organic Oils and Butters: Beauty

I've been using this product now for close to 6 months, and I use it every time I get out of the shower. It smells awesome, helps keep my beard from getting all curly and keeps the static down. After a week straight of using this I guarantee you'll be able to tell the difference.

I was looking at that when I bought Wild Man Beard Conditioning Oil. When that runs out, I'm going to try the Honest Amish stuff.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Both jobs and the school prohibit it :(

Same here, minus school. Both jobs prohibit it, so I'm out. I may go from clean shaven to a goatee though. Haven't decided yet.

I'm down.

Pics or it didn't happen. You do realize that No Shave November applies to legs and pits as well. :):

I'm in as well.

Most firefighters are unable to have a beard because it prevents the seal of a SCBA mask. Big crazy handlebar mustaches are ok though.

A coworker had to shave his crazy handlebar mustache for his fire job. But he's in a superior role, so maybe that's why.
    My healthcare facility has a line in the manual about not having long beards due to potential issues for patients grabbing it. IDC and have one.

I'm in EMS. I keep clean shaven for that fact.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I usually only mess with my beard when I get my hair cut,which it was about 90° out last time that happened.Otherwise it gets left alone.On Halloween night my face becomes baby-butt smooth and isn't touched until at least December 1st,usually longer.

Coltsfan33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenfield
    Had my goatee going for about 2 months, only shave neck and rest of my face. Had a guest speaker in class ask me how long i've been growing it and if I was going to put beads in it or not.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Shaved off the long-term beard yesterday. Kept the 'stache. With my bald head I I look like a grape with a moustache.

I'm limited on my facial hair allowance and was really pushing the limits with my goatee. If I were to get fit-tested for a respirator, I would've failed because of the beard. Stache won't stay long, I'd rather look like a grape than a grape with a mustache.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Had my goatee going for about 2 months, only shave neck and rest of my face. Had a guest speaker in class ask me how long i've been growing it and if I was going to put beads in it or not.

What a douche. During the graduation ceremony, the dean of the school of business was handing out our diploma books and shaking hands. The line was moving fairly quickly across the stage. When it was my turn, he complimented the beard...everyone around me said he'd just said congrats and good luck. It was only about 4-5 inches long at that point.

Roan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    Franklin
    I'm in but I wouldn't call what I can grow a beard. It's more like a short patchy mess. Usually don't shave it from the beginning of waterfowl early season to the end of waterfowl late season.

Top Bottom