• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I didn't see enough of the Michigan game the other day to predict...

But they "only won by 20" over a cream-puff team.

And there were times during the ND / PU game when I almost had to hide my eyes at how my Irish were playing.

If ND plays the way against MI as they did against PU, MI will win the game. And probably win it easily.

ND MUST tighten up; all facets of the game.

That new QB that's playing for MI will give the Irish (and anyone else, for that matter) serious fits.

Honestly, I'm not hopeful...

-J-

DagerOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Spread was ND -7. Now I've seen it at ND -3.5. Considering ND's at home and home field advantage is usually worth 3 points, it's basically a toss-up.

Here's the thing...Robinson is much improved as a quarterback, but UConn's defense isn't great. UConn's offense was inept on Saturday. Receivers dropped a lot of passes that could have made a significant difference in that game. Michigan was the better team, without question, but I don't think we know that much about just how good they are yet. The same is true of ND...I don't think Kelly showed much of the playbook on Saturday. What I did see was an improved defense and a QB that has a long way to go.

That said, all you really need to know is this: I'm going to be at the game on Saturday. I haven't personally seen the Irish beat Michigan since 1993, and I've been to four of the games in that time. Friends of mine are begging me not to go to the game because it means almost certain defeat for the Irish.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I should be a great game, but I hope the Irish can pull out the victory. The only thing that scares me about an Irish victory would be the inflated heads and expectations of the Irish fans.

Since the Michigan game was on at the same time, I didn't catch much of it either, but there's no doubt that they'll come to battle. The Irish defense, although improved, still has much more room for improvement. Single coverage downfield will result differently this weekend. Likewise, the offensive line for the Irish must study film and improve as well. Too many unblocked defenders in the Irish backfield against Purdue.

I'll get crazy and say 30-28 Irish. Come from behind win with a late 4th quarter TD to Floyd for the win!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    86UxJCnFymyMsGR.jpg

I'll be sporting this jersey on Saturday when surrounded by hoards Irish fanboys.

cfb6ddd7617d540a7d1e85514f813433_big.jpg

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I would have to say Michigan by 9, but that is merely for entertainment purposes only...with the chance of doubling my hard earned money..

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I may be wrong but I think I hear the Michigan fight song more than ND's. That's usually not a good thing! ;)

At least ND's QB lasted longer than he did last year. :dunno:

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    A classic example of Charlie W style football. Out-coached and a reminder that prevent defense does nothing but lose you the game. Will ND ever learn. Hats off to Michigan, they were the better team and deserved the win today.

Top Bottom