• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    It only takes a few to ruin it all for everybody else, that's for sure. There used to be a small, free range near where I used to live in Tennessee. It finally got closed down because of vandalism and abuse.

I frequent a range that is on TWRA property. It is, as of now, a free use range. But because of the same issues mentioned they are talking about staffing it and charging for use. Those who cause the problems will surely be the first to complain about the change.

It is a shame that we are all adults and yet we cannot be respectful of the land owner or the next guy behind us.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    It's been my general observation that the people that trash up public areas (as in Que's pic) are the same that have junk stoves, refrigerators, and overstuffed earth tone sofas on the front porch of their trailers...not to mention the obligatory third gen Camaro up on concrete blocks in the front yard.

Purple if you feel the need.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I hate to say it Que, but if people pay for it, then they'll shrug it off and say, (I pay for it, they can hire someone to clean it).

Put a ranger there.

And how much are they going to have to charge to cover the cost of putting a ranger(s) there?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I contacted the Forest Service to see about volunteering to clean up and for clarification about steel. Hopefully, someone will get back to me.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Reminds me of where we used to shoot before range membership. People would bring out TVs, monitors & other junk to shoot & leave the mess.
    It was private property & the land owner let people shoot, that was how they repaid him.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, I decided to turn lemons into lemonade. The Forest Service ignored my message to them, so I decided to help clean up. Well, at least I help pick up the brass. I've only seen two people clean up their brass out there and the rest usually remains, so I take it now. Here is a sample of my normal bounty. I'll have to find more bags.

5B8AD648-0B5B-4278-828D-C5FDB30D3348_zps7hmwmywb.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Similar to one near here on DNR property, only much bigger and better equiped. Lots of trash. Lack of care by some people using it.

PS ... I refuse to go back to the local one for safety reasons. Encountered a woman that I believe was higher than Apollo 13. She would not make her weapon safe, or even try, when I asked her to do so. After the very loud and firm 3rd request she finally placed her gun on the bench. I backed ... yes, backed ... with my hand on my holstered gun, towards my target stand, picked it up, and immediately went to the truck. Never been back.
    You've obviously been to the Dugger, IN range then! As if it wasn't hard enough to get there, some dirty-butt, scumbag has already been there to dump their trash before they shoot up all the Mountain Dew 2 liter bottles they brought to leave.

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The worst part of that is the metal outhouse full of bullet holes.

I would join SoINRPC in an instant if my work/family schedule allowed me to make the two meetings they require, just so I didn't have to deal with the full retardation that often occurs in the forestry.

I found that pretty scary, only took one time of going there to never go back, nothing but a bunch of white trash shooting every which way. Trash everywhere.

What's even more scary is driving to or from the range as you are driving above it and god only knows if someone is below you shooting high.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Even paying for a range does not always work. Some people are just low life. Like the people who damaged the rifle side of Applied Ballistics indoor range TWICE. They paid their $10 caused thousands of dollars damage and ruined it for everyone else, all so the could shoot armor piercing ammo at 25 yards. While every American citizen has the same Constitutional firearm rights, not all have the same level of class.

I pay to belong to private clubs, the more restrictive and more expensive a club is, the less of that low life crap you have to put up with.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom