Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I need to get to Australia to do some target shooting. I grew up taking feral cats with a Ruger Single Six in .22mag. We had a lot of them where I grew up as the farmers would just let them breed. They would start to run in packs in the fields and woods and also got pretty large and ugly. Not as big as these though!

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    If they need gov. funding why not put it towards a bounty on every dead feline turned in. They would be near extinct inside of year. If only the Australian government hadn't disarmed the people.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I think it would be cool to get a newborn and keep it for a pet...would be funny to see a cat chase off a dog crapping in my yard!

I agree. I am not in any way shape or form a cat guy, but if it was a mini panther, I could be persuaded....

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I have two cats, so I guess I'm a cat guy but they certainly have a problem in AU. They're destroying the natural habitat so I would call it open season on cats running in packs. Good thing the problem is localized.

Maybe they could conduct moggie safari's for a price. What would you expect to be handed for the hunt?

.22 LR
    .22 WMR
    High power

CMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    B-town
    I knew we had a ferrel cat problem in the states, but at least ours aren't that big. Good warning though. We need better managment to avoid the more intense situation they're dealing with.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I have two cats, so I guess I'm a cat guy but they certainly have a problem in AU. They're destroying the natural habitat so I would call it open season on cats running in packs. Good thing the problem is localized.

Maybe they could conduct moggie safari's for a price. What would you expect to be handed for the hunt?

.22 LR
    .22 WMR
    High power

Well as I said up-thread, .22WMR makes a nice hole on the exit wound side of a cat.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    .243 works great. .50 cal muzzeloader does a good job. 55# custom recurve for a sporting go. Smith 629 with screaming 180's probably the most fun.

I like cats (had my Himi for 15 yrs now). No mercy to ferals though.

Top Bottom