• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How do mere words expressed in an opinion trample someone's rights? Rights are not abridged by what someone thinks of your right to exercise them. I think you can continue to carry despite Jake's opinion.
    I suggest you go read more of his posts. Then you may understand the reaction he gets when he posts something like that.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I suggest you go read more of his posts. Then you may understand the reaction he gets when he posts something like that.

Perhaps you have a good suggestion, but I have no interest in reading more of what he has penned. I've had my say on the subject so I shall cease this discussion lest I become the troll stirring the pot in this thread. That is not my intent.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    How do mere words expressed in an opinion trample someone's rights?

"the people of Birmingham need to pressure their elected representatives to change the codified law."

"The kid should have been charged with brandishing."

"it is the law that is incorrect and it should be changed."

"Open carry of a rifle, "strapped to his back", is not what any of us want."

Jake is advocating actions which would violate Michigan's Constitution and the US Constitution. He is also advocating arresting, charging, and prosecuting someone with a law violation where none exists. He is advocating the abridging of our rights.

And yes, open carry of a rifle, "strapped to his back", is what a number of us want. Actually it's legal most everywhere in the US.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Slung_Rifle.jpeg

The young lady on the left obviously prefers to OC. The young day in orange appears to prefer to CC. And she's really good at it too--can't see a gun printing through----any where!

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    The young lady on the left obviously prefers to OC. The young day in orange appears to prefer to CC. And she's really good at it too--can't see a gun printing through----any where!
    I'm the one who posted this. Perhaps I should blow it up 200% and we could examine it better, just to make sure.

:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I am beginning to see..... I have believed that cc was a courtesy to the general public. Now I am perceiving a pattern where a very small number of cc extremists are making a loud noise as if they are the spokesmen for the masses, while the ACTUAL masses do indeed remain silent on the subject. (almost as if they don't care about it at all) `

I am a cc guy, but the cc extremists are making the case for oc better than the oc advocates ever have. While I respect everybodys right to have an opinion, certain opinions posted right here are tempting me to duct-tape a pistol to my head and strut right up and down Washington street.

to the oc guys..... The quieter YOU are, the louder your detractors showcase YOUR position. Don't shut these guys down, a few more threads going sour like this one did and I will start oc just to distance myself from the lunatic fringe!

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I think the judge had longer hair than the kid. LOL. See video in this news story.

Teen who carried rifle through Birmingham found not guilty - Fox 2 News Headlines

Having lived up in the Detroit area for a while, I was not shocked to see in the comments where someone played the "race card" in the comments.

I wonder how this would have played out if he was african and in detroit? thoughts?

You know if he was black, it would be felony firearm, disturbing the peace, habitual offender, and attempted robbery or murder take your pick. 25 to life and found guilty.

I can't help but feel that they might have an argument too. I wonder IF someone tried that in Detroit, what the response would be.

BTW, please stop feeding the drive by trollage. Thank you, thankyouverymuch! :D

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Bingo. As these type's of incidents become more common I am afraid that they will result in new and more restrictive laws. We sure don't need or want that.
    Let's not exercise our rights, because having them and not using them out of fear of losing them is better than not having them at all, right?

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Jake is advocating actions which would violate Michigan's Constitution and the US Constitution. He is also advocating arresting, charging, and prosecuting someone with a law violation where none exists. He is advocating the abridging of our rights.

And yes, open carry of a rifle, "strapped to his back", is what a number of us want. Actually it's legal most everywhere in the US.
    It is still just an opinion which is also a right in this country, even if you don't like it.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I know j706 is a cop and I'm pretty sure that Jake was some form of LEO at some point. While there are lots of LEO's who support [STRIKE]"civilians"[/STRIKE] "the people" being allowed to exercise their 2nd Amendment rights, even if politically uncomfortable, many do not and their attitude is not surprising.

Joe

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    These kinds of threads always bring out INGO's young and immature (of all ages.) Fortunately, it's the same handful in each thread. The majority of us want no part of antics like this stupid kid in Birmingham. It's exactly the kind of nonsense that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights. The responsible carrying of firearms starts with carrying responsibly. Carrying a rifle "strapped to one's back" down main street is stupid to anyone who should be carrying a gun. For those handful here who somehow find this kid's nonsense acceptable, we really don't want you anywhere near firearms, either. You are what is eventually going to cost all of us our right to carry responsibly.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Looks like the people of Birmingham need to pressure their elected representatives to change the codified law. The kid was clearly trying to be a nuisance, was creating a disturbance, and should have been charged with brandishing. It's childish conduct like this that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights.

The jury may have arrived at the correct verdict per Birmingham's codified law. If so, it is the law that is incorrect and it should be changed. Open carry of a handgun is bad enough. Open carry of a rifle, "strapped to his back", is not what any of us want.

:rolleyes:

These kinds of threads always bring out INGO's young and immature (of all ages.) Fortunately, it's the same handful in each thread. The majority of us want no part of antics like this stupid kid in Birmingham. It's exactly the kind of nonsense that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights. The responsible carrying of firearms starts with carrying responsibly. Carrying a rifle "strapped to one's back" down main street is stupid to anyone who should be carrying a gun. For those handful here who somehow find this kid's nonsense acceptable, we really don't want you anywhere near firearms, either. You are what is eventually going to cost all of us our right to carry responsibly.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I seriously don't know how this guy manages to keep his account here. He's right here advocating taking away people's firearm rights, on a gun forum, and insulting everybody at the same time. It doesn't get more trollish than that.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Bingo. As these type's of incidents become more common I am afraid that they will result in new and more restrictive laws. We sure don't need or want that.

I agree 100% with this statement. Its about time we real in these ignorant JBT cops and start holding their departments accountable for their actions.

We need our legislatures to start making GOOD laws to protect the citizenry from harassment from LEOs who think they are above the law... Oh yeah, I forgot... WE ARE!!!

Indiana codified the Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine laws in 2006.

Indiana passed statewide firearm law preemption in 2011 (SB292)

Indiana passed SB1 that reversed the dangerous Barnes decision and protects an Indiana citizen's right to defend their homes from illegal entry by public servants of any government branch. (2012)

I for one can't wait to see what great laws they come up with next year as a result of THE PEOPLE standing up for their rights.

;)

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    These kinds of threads always bring out INGO's ?old and pigheaded? (of all ages.) Fortunately, it's the same handful in each thread. The majority ?WTH? of us want no part of antics like calling for more restrictive gun control laws. It's exactly the kind of nonsense that will eventually cost all of us ???are??? gun rights. The responsible carrying of firearms starts with carrying responsibly and if I don't agree with you I think you should be made a criminal. Carrying a rifle "strapped to one's back" down main street is legal per the will of the people and their elected representatives. For those handful here who somehow find this poster's call for enhanced gun control laws acceptable, we really don't want you anywhere near firearms, either. You are what is eventually going to cost all of us our right to carry responsibly.

And here I figured it was fellows like yourself who are calling for more gun control were the ones going to cost us our rights????

It is also good to see that you and J706 have appointed yourself the "majority" here; math must not be your strong suit.

Bold for changes and adds.

Joe

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon

Yep. And we probably shouldn't say things that people don't like to hear lest we lose our First Amendment rights....

Top Bottom