Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Okay surgeon. Give me a call and let's get this gall bladder taken out.
    I'm tired of this.

At a Legion meeting, starts out okay.
    By the end, it feels like I'm being stabbed in the gut.
    Just suck it up and do it. In the grand scheme of things, the recoveey and adaptations were minor. She has not complained in years

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Damned straight. I'm saving the planet, and I can go 0-60 in a little over 3 seconds. :rockwoot:
    Ll Cool J Chris Odonnell GIF by CBS (GIF Image)
    U r not saving the planet.
    U r actually killing it.

The raw materials needed in the battery take a lot of power/pollution to extract and make.

Once your ev dies (ie the batteries go) that waste will be an issue.

There are several youtube Ted talks that explain this in greater detail. Yes, you, as the consumer "save" some money at the pump but longer term ev are an environmental mess.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The air here got so bad today it actually stinks. Kinda smells like smoke but only if you were burning s***.
    I was up north for a few days and it got real bad this morning so I came home and now it followed me here. Better get better tomorrow.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    U r not saving the planet.
    U r actually killing it.

The raw materials needed in the battery take a lot of power/pollution to extract and make.

Once your ev dies (ie the batteries go) that waste will be an issue.

There are several youtube Ted talks that explain this in greater detail. Yes, you, as the consumer "save" some money at the pump but longer term ev are an environmental mess.
    Oh FFS. I never claimed to buy the car to save the planet. I couldn't give a **** about any of that. The few people I know that also own one are the same. People against the idea of EVs in general are the ones that always attribute that to the people that buy them.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Oh FFS. I never claimed to buy the car to save the planet. I couldn't give a **** about any of that. The few people I know that also own one are the same. People against the idea of EVs in general are the ones that always attribute that to the people that buy them.
    I knew that from previous discussions maybe purple was needed lol

people like you that don’t think they are Captain Planet and are not trying to force EV mandates are not the problem.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not piling on…… just saying though you say you like not giving a d@mn about the gas prices……… you just trade one for another…… because now you’re dependent on the electric prices……

I just hate the perpetuated myth that you plug it in and it charges for free with “green energy” only. What’s the difference if they burn coal to make my ev juice or I burn gasoline?

I wonder what the TRUE cost is per mile on an EV with ALL factors taken into consideration.

wanting it for performance or just BECAUSE are all valid reasons. I love electric and think it is awesome for certain applications. but if you preach to people about your greenness or want to push/force people into owning one then I believe you’re full of it
    What are all factors?

Electricity is a hell of a lot more stable in price than gas. Did you miss this post?
    Get fuel if you need. My local gas stations jumped to $4.19
    That is what I was talking about. My electricity is the same price the year round. Plus I have the added benefit of not having NIPSCO.

Truthfully, I don't keep track of how much I spend or save. I didn't the last 14 years when I was driving ICE cars that required premium fuel either.

For just fuel, you do save money. It cost me about .04 a mile for electricity vs .16 a mile for gas, and that is at $4 a gallon, which is a thing of the past for premium. Last I saw there is a $1 a gallon upcharge now over regular.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I knew that from previous discussions maybe purple was needed lol

people like you that don’t think they are Captain Planet and are not trying to force EV mandates are not the problem.
    People that want to mandate them can kiss my grits. They are definitely not for everyone, nor will they fit every need.

I just hate when people blanket say that no one could really want one or that everyone that buys one is doing it to be green.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    People that want to mandate them can kiss my grits. They are definitely not for everyone, nor will they fit every need.

I just hate when people blanket say that no one could really want one or that everyone that buys one is doing it to be green.
    I agree absolutes are bad no matter which way they are being directed.

What are all factors?

Electricity is a hell of a lot more stable in price than gas. Did you miss this post?

That is what I was talking about. My electricity is the same price the year round. Plus I have the added benefit of not having NIPSCO.

Truthfully, I don't keep track of how much I spend or save. I didn't the last 14 years when I was driving ICE cars that required premium fuel either.

For just fuel, you do save money. It cost me about .04 a mile for electricity vs .16 a mile for gas, and that is at $4 a gallon, which is a thing of the past for premium. Last I saw there is a $1 a gallon upcharge now over regular.
    Electricity has seen huge hikes and will continue to raise and I believe will become as unstable as gas prices (brown outs / black outs / premium usage hours) all of those things are already being implemented in “green states”

Edit to add: as long as I am predicting things I also think in the NEAR future when these cars start to die off at substantial rates they will implement a HEFTY tax/fee for disposal. But that won’t be put into effect until there is a large number of them in circulation or else that will be another strike against EV’s

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom