Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I really dislike the Mazda dealership in Merrillville. I wanted to buy a Mazda3 back when I was driving 110 miles a day. I pointed at a car and told them, "I want that car in this car's color.) Both were Mazda3's. One was a hatch and the other was normal, same trim package, just different colors. Didn't even argue on the price. Told them I wanted to put 8k down that day and would wait till the car I wanted arrived. They would not do it. The manager told me, "Sorry, we sell what is on the lot." I told him that they had 30 minutes before I bought a Jetta at the VW dealer. They called me an hour later with a better offer on the car of the color I didn't want. Told them I was already filling out paperwork on a VW.
    I was looking at a Mazda6 there, was exactly the car I wanted. I was there after work in late winter so it was getting dark out early, probably around 6pm or so, so not too far off from closing. Took it for a test drive and when I got back I was kicking the tires so to speak. Salesman came over and told me if I bought it tonight, AND I QUOTE, "his manager would take $2500 off the price of the car". I said ok that was a pretty good deal and lets do it. He started doing the paperwork and I told him that I wanted the 0% interest that Mazda was offering at the time. He told me he'd have to check with him manager and that he'd be right back. He came back and told me it wasn't available to me because I took the $2500 discount from Mazda. I told him no, I took the $2500 from the manager's offer and that I wanted 0% Mazda offer. It became a whole thing and the manager came out and tried to fight me on it. After I wouldn't back down he said "well we don't have to sell this car to you", so I got up and walked out.

Wife said the guys at Mazda in Valpo were great and she did everything over the phone. The owner ended up driving to CP to pick her up in order to complete the paperwork at the dealership and she drove the car back home to surprise me.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    When I traded in my '19 Forester for the '21 Outback at Castle Subaru in Portage, I told them I'd pay $15k plus my Forester (Forester was in need of some serious clean-up with 36k miles). Found the one I wanted in Chiraqi, they brought it down to Portage, and when I asked the finance guy what to make the check out for, he said "$15k". I was expecting to pay tax on top of the $15k, so was shocked as heck, not that I let him know it. They were true to their word, and took care of me pretty good. When I'm ready again (soon), I'll be talking to them again.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Any of you guys have the buffalo leather ones? Looking for a more comfortable one I love the click lock and rigidity but the webbing one gets uncomfortable at times

I have Buffalo, Nylon and Leather

The leather is the least rigid, I think it is rated to carry 4#, Buffalo for 6 or 8# (I can't recall) and Nylon for 10#. Go to their website and it gives the specs. Nylon can get a bit uncomfortable.

I wonder if they have any to fit little twig-men. Asking for a friend.

YES, they adjust on a ratchet type system, even 1/4", down to about 22 inches?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've been using NexBelt since NRAAM this year. Bought one there and liked it so much I bought a second. Definitely rigid. Holds a heavy full size 1911 without issue. No issues with comfort. Link below is the one I have but there's lots of varieties

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Remember when we used to have to mail a check off with an order form. Give it a week or two to get there and be processed. then wailt for the order to be pulled, packed and shipped. Then wait for the delivery.... :)
    Worse remember when one had to do this and the LEGO set had to come from Europe as The LEGO Company warehouse in Connecticut did not have all the sets, especially the speciality ones.

So add 1 to 2 months for the set to cross the ocean. :)

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Remember when we used to have to mail a check off with an order form. Give it a week or two to get there and be processed. then wailt for the order to be pulled, packed and shipped. Then wait for the delivery.... :)
    Worse remember when one had to do this and the LEGO set had to come from Europe as The LEGO Company warehouse in Connecticut did not have all the sets, especially the speciality ones.

So add 1 to 2 months for the set to cross the ocean. :)
    Humans also used to endure medical procedures with nothing more to dull the pain than a swig of liquor little better than rubbing alcohol and maybe a chunk of leather to bite but you'd still be right to complain if you woke up during surgery or the novocaine wears off while the dentist is taking a tiny drill to your face

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom