North Vernon Gun Show....This weekend. I went.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    It was probably the worst gun show I have ever been to. Also the largest collection of absolute junk guns I have ever seen in my life. Waste of 5 bux. Some dealer/guys in there had bags of reloaded 9mm (50 rounds) for........drumroll $60.00 each!!!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Other than my two maglights for ten bucks, no real bargains at all, and lots of crazy high prices. Sig 2022 used, 650.00... at two different tables. That was typical. One guy did have some penn and kentucky style rifles with some very beautiful zebra grain stocks. But his prices were up in the 4000.00 range... even so, awesome rifles. Some of the old pump guns weren't completely insane, but again, zero real bargains. I'll probably not be back.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It is my understanding that this was the promoters first attempt at having a show at North Vernon... if he can survive the ramp up period it takes to make it a quality show it could end up being a good show in the feature. He (assuming he was the promoter) appoarched me at the Indy 1500 about setting up at his show...unfortunately I was already was scheduled for another show that weekend.

You might want to give this show a another chance.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Greensburg
    It is my understanding that this was the promoters first attempt at having a show at North Vernon... if he can survive the ramp up period it takes to make it a quality show it could end up being a good show in the feature. He (assuming he was the promoter) appoarched me at the Indy 1500 about setting up at his show...unfortunately I was already was scheduled for another show that weekend.

You might want to give this show a another chance.
    It might be a new promoter, but the last gun show I went to in North Vernon was just as bad as the descriptions here.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The father-in-law and I thought we would try it out. Agreed not much in the way of bargains or stuff to see, but I thought it was a good first attempt. One guy had a new Rossi with 20 guage and .410 barrels for $135. I saw a couple of model 64 S&W revolvers in good shape asking $400. Other then that nothing else caught my eye. One fellow had an off brand, turkish pump and wanted somewhere around $300 for it. Told me it was full tactical and ready for self defense.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It might be a new promoter, but the last gun show I went to in North Vernon was just as bad as the descriptions here.

I understand that and won't disagree with you on this. My opinion why the last promoter's (I know the promoter personally) show was a bust is because he is never consistant on where and when he does his shows....In other words he might do North Vernon once a year or only once every 2 years and alot of times it will only be scheduled a few months in advance. To be sucessful as a promoter...the promoter must be consistant with his/her show dates. Example....having the North Vernon show scheduled 2, 3 or 4 times a year well in advance to allow people/vendors to fit it into their schedules. Also, doing the proper advertizing for the show is a must. Just my :twocents:

Agan_08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Salem/Muncie
    I also went, lots of overpriced guns and ammo... the Kentucky rifles you were talking about were very nice however. I did see a case with some nice Colt 1911's in it and some Browning auto's that were nice. Other than that, sub-par.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Once I saw the 35 dollar bag of sellior bellot 9mm, I knew that I would be leaving that show empty handed.

Top Bottom