• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • libertybear

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Morristown
    I just got a lead on some temp. work in North Dakota. :) I see they honour our LTCH but have never flown with a handgun. Can someone point out the best thread to check out for flying with a handgun?

Gee I'm not sure how to act haven't had a actual job with a pay check in 4 months now. The wife is supposed to have a job soon too :): Just in time as all bills are current except for the mortgage for this month which just came due on the 5th so I should even get that in b4 the grace period.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I just got a lead on some temp. work in North Dakota. :) I see they honour our LTCH but have never flown with a handgun. Can someone point out the best thread to check out for flying with a handgun?
    The TSA has rules that the gun be UNLOADED and in a LOCKED hard-sided pistol case that goes in your CHECKED baggage...that means a case that you cannot pry open the side and slip the gun out (like many cases are).
    I drilled a second hole into my case for another luggage lock.

MAKE SURE TO CHECK WITH THE AIRLINE for additional rules.
    When I recently flew AirTrans, I found that they had a rule of NO AMMO in the same checked bag as the gun. I checked their website ahead of time and saved myself the hassle at airport.

I also field strip the gun apart (you might want to keep the spring or a key part in the other bag--so someone can't use it if stolen or missing).

It is also a good idea to not pack a loaded magazine (some states have rules about transporting guns ready to fire--and that can include a loaded mag that sits in the glovebox).

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    Come on out the weather's fine. :):
    Well at least yesterdays snow has melted. :D
    Seriously though ND has been a decent place to work, I have been out here since last June. What part of the state are you headed too?

Top Bottom