North-Central Indiana Meet and Shoot 12/10/11!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I stopped by the range today to finalize the plans for this weekend, and I have a pricing update. Kodiak has 2 ranges, the regular range and the tactical range. They charge $20/hr for the tactical range and $10/hr for the regular range. For this event they have offered to let everyone use both ranges for the duration of the event for a one time price of $20.

And of course the shoothouse is still $50 for 4 people per hour.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I appreciate that but don't forget Hoosierdood! He's been working to get things organized and has been a huge help!

And it's looking like around 11 people will be there. Going to be a great time!

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I talked to Zimm1001 (Mike) on the phone and everything seems to be set for tomorrow. I'd just like to take a minute to send a big THANK YOU to Kodiak Firing Range for hosting this. Mike has literally bent over backwards to accommodate us, from purchasing a new fryer and grill as well as the propane to run them, giving us a bundle price on the standard and tactical range, and half price on the shoot house. Mike also mentioned that Kodiak range allows kids ages 8 and up to use the range as long as they are supervised. Might be a great opportunity to bring the kids since they now allow standard plated .22 ammo.

In other news... I will bring ketchup, mustard, and relish for the dogs/brats/burgers. Some plates and napkins too.

Last edited:

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    I was there today and had a great time. Shot my G23 and a friends RRA AR. We shot both the tactical and the regular range. The people who run the facility could not be more accommodating and are very knowledgeable. I also found out that I can make it tomorrow. I seen about everyone has picked all the items for the food so let me know if there is anything else you need or I can dig through my freezer and see what wild game I have. Might even do my bacon wrapped shrooms or some duck??

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Hey, just found out my Chicago trip is a no go (:rockwoot:), so it looks like I can make it. Will be carrying my G19; can bring my Beretta 92 and or my GP 100. I would bring my new G20, but I don't believe Kodiak has frangible 10 mm rounds.:dunno:

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    Didnt list the guns I will bring..So..I will have my G23 and Bushmaster AR that will get its first fire. Shot a friends AR at the range today and it was a lot of fun!!

ShootinDave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    bacon wrapped duck??? hmmm
    I will be bringing younster with me tomorrow-also,did i understand right that standard 22lr is ok?

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Hope the event went well and post up some pics for us guys who had to work today!

Yes, Iam still doing inventory.....

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    We had a great time and a great turn out for this event. We started at 3:00 and several people hit the range. I don't think anyone took advantage of the Shoothouse, but we all definitely had a good time on the range. About 3:30, we started cooking the burgers, hotdogs, brats, wings and BACON. We had plenty of food for everyone. We even tried something new... Deep Fried Bacon! :bacondance: I don't think there is any WRONG way to cook bacon. We chatted, we shot, and everyone had a good time. I think everyone was done shooting and eating around 6:30. We will definitely be doing this again. :rockwoot:

039.jpg

042.jpg

045.jpg

038.jpg

043.jpg

041.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom