• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Any trappers out there who could use an apprentice to learn him some trapping lessons? I am interested in learning the ropes and would like to see it first hand before I commit to the tools of the trade. Looking for southeastern Indiana Jefferson, Clark, Scott, Jennings, Ripley counties possibly. Hoping to learn!

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Come up to Hoosier Trappers Supply (Greenwood) on September 27th for the FTA7B Annual Convention. There will be demonstrations of all things trapping & skinning and plenty of members from your local chapter of the Fur Takers of America on hand. If you take an interest in how it's done, you'll be 50 yards from the best trapping supply warehouse in the state. They've got it all, and plenty of other vendors will be there selling used equipment and specialty lures.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Back in the day we just bought a book or two, and some steel...............and started trapping ('coons and rats aint tough to snag).

Now with Youtube and the web................I fail to see the apprehension.

Fox and yote..............buddy back in HS was good at it. More work though. I just went for the easier money.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    IMG_1268.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

My first Grey Fox, caught in 1974 when I was 12. Caught in a "Dirt-Hole Set" with tainted muskrat meat and a Victor #1 long-spring trap. Can you tell I was proud?

Top Bottom