• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    So I took my new M&P 40 to the range today. All went well, but on the 47th round(it's easy to count when you're shooting in 5's lol), the round fired but on ejection it blew a monster flash out of the ejection port as well as produced a partially scorched shell. I immediately stopped, stripped, and inspected and there were no ill effects, all is well. I know it was probably a cheap ammo issue, but I was just wondering, can somebody explain what actually (Probably) happened? :dunno:

I did save the brass for inspection.
    I was shooting Federal 180gr FMJ

Thanks!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So I took my new M&P 40 to the range today. All went well, but on the 47th round(it's easy to count when you're shooting in 5's lol), the round fired but on ejection it blew a monster flash out of the ejection port as well as produced a partially scorched shell. I immediately stopped, stripped, and inspected and there were no ill effects, all is well. I know it was probably a cheap ammo issue, but I was just wondering, can somebody explain what actually (Probably) happened? :dunno:

I did save the brass for inspection.
    I was shooting Federal 180gr FMJ

Thanks!

Could be a couple things. Might have been a 9mm in the box with the 40s. It happens sometimes when dealing with millions and millions of rounds. Could have also had a heavy powder load. Or even the powder had gotten damp, or a problem with the powder in that round, something happened to.
    Just a couple thoughts off the top of my head.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Probably Ammo related! just be glad you got a real gun(M&P) if that would have been a clock it would have blown up!! :D

Should that have been in Purple?? :D

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Probably Ammo related! just be glad you got a real gun(M&P) if that would have been a clock it would have blown up!! :D

Should that have been in Purple?? :D

How is it possible to get 45,600 in 3 1/2 yrs? That's like 15,000/yr, or 45/day everyday for 3 1/2 yrs...? It's weird. Impressive, but weird :D.
    I agree with you about the clock tho.

Top Bottom