• ...and so much more!
  • samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Now I'm even more confused ......lol
    arent ALL steel receiver HKs considered 90 series ?
    Or is 90 series just meaning 91, 93, 94 .?
    All variants derived from 91s, 93s, & 94s still use Thier receivers so I've always just coined steel receiver hk s & clones 90 series :dunno:

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    There are also some registered Uzi sears around. They are the least desirable as far as the Uzi family is concerned.

They aren't really even available since they were married to whatever gun they were installed in just like the Fleming AK sears. ATF won't transfer them as separate sears now and any that aren't installed in a firearm are considered contraband.

There are however some sears for the AR-7 and registere firing pins for the semi auto west hurley thompsons. There are also the sideplate guns like the maxims, brownings and vickers where the registered part is a sideplate on the receiver rather than the whole box. There are also some guns like the M60 and the Chau Chat in which the receiver is the combination of parts that make it up rather than any single part on it. I'm sure there are some other oddities out there....

Frank

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    They aren't really even available since they were married to whatever gun they were installed in just like the Fleming AK sears. ATF won't transfer them as separate sears now and any that aren't installed in a firearm are considered contraband.

Frank

I would like to see some form of reference on this.

I have lost my interest somewhat in the Uzi platform, although I still own a 09 purchased RR but it's on my trade list if I get a gun I rather have. I did extensive research on Uzis prior and I came along at least 1 registered sear at the time that had a legit form 4 from what I could tell as well as not registered to a receiver. Althought the price was very intriguing I turned it down in favor of Vector RR SMG at close to twice the price. Now I don't know if ATF would have transfered it but I know at least one is out there.

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    There are other variants that are not 90's numbered guns. I'm aware of a 33 and a 53, plus the above mentioned belt-feds.

I guess I should've clarified that the sears are not limited to JUST 90-series MARKED guns, but also with the other HK roller-locked guns.

THe 32's, 33's and 53's are mostly custom-made guns produced now, not your typical stuff you can buy in a gun shop.

Now I'm even more confused ......lol
    arent ALL steel receiver HKs considered 90 series ?
    Or is 90 series just meaning 91, 93, 94 .?
    All variants derived from 91s, 93s, & 94s still use Thier receivers so I've always just coined steel receiver hk s & clones 90 series :dunno:

The 33 is MG version of 93, the 53 is the short-barrelled MG or SMG(if you want to call it that even given the 5.56 cartridge) of 93, the G3 is the MG version 91. The MP5 is the SMG of the 94, the 32 was never 'officially adopted by HK in as far as I know.' But you are correct there are some guns out there that are not part of 9x series that share the same type of trigger pack and use a sear or trigger housing legally but I believe they are commonly considered part of the 9x series within the communities or clones thereof. That's my personal :twocents:

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I would like to see some form of reference on this.

I have lost my interest somewhat in the Uzi platform, although I still own a 09 purchased RR but it's on my trade list if I get a gun I rather have. I did extensive research on Uzis prior and I came along at least 1 registered sear at the time that had a legit form 4 from what I could tell as well as not registered to a receiver. Althought the price was very intriguing I turned it down in favor of Vector RR SMG at close to twice the price. Now I don't know if ATF would have transfered it but I know at least one is out there.

If you want written documented evidence I can't give it to you. Not a lot of that in this industry. ATF is sometimes arbitrary in their decision making processes and where one transfer goes through fine others get denied. I know of a sear that was sold to someone I knew and the transfer was denied. The ATF told the transferor that the sear was contraband and wanted it abandoned. I've heard of a couple others that went the same way from sources I know to be reliable. I've been around machineguns since the 70's and have had a manufacturers FFL/SOT since 2000.
    If you want documents you can write to tech branch and maybe they'll give you a letter that doesn't contradict an earlier one. You might ask questions on some of the other boards like UziTalk, Subguns.com or Sturmgewehr.com. To the best of my knowledge the sears required mods to the receiver in order to work and because of that ATF said they couldn't be used. The same was the case with the AK sears Fleming did.

In another similar case there were a number of M60's built by John Stemple and registered just before the cutoff date in May of 86. For some reason the ATF determined that the guns were not registered in time and declared them to be post sample MG's. They did allow the owners to whom they were first transferred to retain them despite the fact that they were not licensed SOT holders. They said that subsequent transfers could only go to FFL/SOT's with a demo letter.
    There are lots of stories like this that illustrate that the ATF plays its own game and doesn't let regulations or reality get in the way. The fact that you spent a lot of money for a registered transferrable doesn't mean they have to help you out.....

Not trying to be troublesome, just pointing out what I've seen.

Frank

Top Bottom